PDA

View Full Version : System error on start up!

twr7cx
15-07-2005, 07:50 AM
THis p[roblem started last night, when I start my phone up it says system error. This happens at the time when the phone asks for the SIM Card PIN Code. It covers this. Now if I type the pin code in still and hit 'ok' It'll load up the phone as usual and then when it's all loaded and ready to go a message will come up again saying 'System Error', hit ok and can use the phone like normal havn't noticed any other changeds. Happens if I remvoe my MMC aswell. Any ideas?

mr-monty
15-07-2005, 09:28 AM
This also happened to me I had to backup my phone and mmc, then do a full format of the phone. If you search the forum you will find the code to format as I cant remember it just now..

Mr Monty

twr7cx
15-07-2005, 11:45 AM
This also happened to me I had to backup my phone and mmc, then do a full format of the phone. If you search the forum you will find the code to format as I cant remember it just now..

Mr Monty

How do I back up my Phonebook/contacts, there's far far far far far far far too many to put on the SIM Card.

mr-monty
15-07-2005, 11:50 AM
Use PC Suite and bluetooth or infared ..

twr7cx
15-07-2005, 12:01 PM
Use PC Suite and bluetooth or infared ..

I don't have an infra-red peice. Got Bluetooth though and I have Nokia PC Suite installed, can't get the two too work together though. When I go to Nokia Connection Manage and chosoe bluetooth it asks me which Com port the blue tooth is in, but it's not in any, it's in USB and there's no option for that!

farsh2002
15-07-2005, 11:41 PM
Use SmartVCard app. to copy contacts.

Turn off phone, hold Green key + 3 + * buttons and turn phone on/ Must be a full format. Or *#7370#

marklloydbinar
16-07-2005, 12:07 AM
I don't have an infra-red peice. Got Bluetooth though and I have Nokia PC Suite installed, can't get the two too work together though. When I go to Nokia Connection Manage and chosoe bluetooth it asks me which Com port the blue tooth is in, but it's not in any, it's in USB and there's no option for that!

I think the problem is on the usb/bluetooth driver, try to find the cd included when you bought your bleutooth device, on that cd you can find the right driver for your bluetooth and install it to your pc.

twr7cx
16-07-2005, 07:35 AM
done, cheers.

PeakCelln
27-08-2005, 09:45 PM
Just found out the System Error message will flas for one of two reasons; A bad application download or you have an old software version. Just bought a "new" 6620 from another dealer and found out it only had the 2.14, never mind the 3.14 released in Nov.04 or the 4.22 in jan 05. Anyway the Nokia tech said to send it in. I know I could probably figure it out by myself but I think I'll save that for a less expensive phone.

vzx
01-09-2005, 06:43 PM
For all you symbian users out there.. try these simple steps to prevent a complete phone breakdown:

1) always keep backup of your contact on your MMC and your PC using PC suite(for PC) and/or Smart Vcard (for PC and MMC)... try making a habit of backing up your contacts database even after u add a single new entry

2) Smard Vcal also helps to backup your Calender entries in the same way that smart Vcard does

3) Install only useful apps.. and pls do a research on a perticular app version on popular sites like nokiafree.org before u install any apps on your phone

4) If all goes wrong.. then just format your phone by presisng *#7370# and inserting the lock code of the phone at the next prompt

These steps will take care of most of your symbian phone problems.. do not bother to save and restore your SMS's via apps like msgStorer or others (unless u have a BT adapter on your PC and u know how to use PC suite - which works best to take all kinds of backup)

For N-gage users who get "app closed main - please contact the retalier" msg try this link http://nokiafree.org/forums/t76262/h/s.html

Thats it.. enjoy symbian

Cheers
Vzx