PDA

View Full Version : 3310 - which program, which cable... ?

Trekkie
16-07-2005, 07:51 PM
Hi!

First of all, sorry if this is already discussed previously! Iīve been reading the forum for a few hours and now finaly registered so I could post a message!

A few years back I had an Nokia 3310. I bought some cables so that I could update the firmware/software. I updated the firmware/software but something went wrong. I canīt remember exactly what went wrong, but I think at first the phone didnīt want to start at all, reflashed, "booted". But now I had "no network" or similiar, ok, I had to "update" the RFID. Still my phone is very buggy and I donīt have any Swedish menues (argggh). Now I have forgotten how I did (which seemed wrong anyway) and the forum which had the guides is gone!

What I have:

* Nokia 3310
* Serial cable (9-pin) and the 4-pin that goes into the phone (there is a F/M-switch on this also). I guess this is a "datacable" ?
* LPT cable (25-pin) and a PS/2-looking connection in the other end with an dongle with the 4-pin connection (but no F/M-switch). I guess this is a "flasher cable" ?
* Computer running Windows XP

Now I want to do a FULL reflash of the phone and hopefully get it working again, with Swedish menues. But there seems to be a jungle of programs and ways to flash.

Can someone guide me through the "easiest" way to do the above ?

Sincerly

Trekkie
22-07-2005, 07:14 PM
Problem solved, used the information from 3 other guides found on the forum. Maybe Iīll post my "own" guide later so others can learn...

Still I need to update the "PPM", I now have 6.39B and need 6.39A! :-)

//trekkie

mekme
30-08-2005, 09:41 AM
Hej hej..

I have 6.39A. Mail ? whats yours?