PDA

View Full Version : What Equipment Do I Need?

afrodizzy
24-07-2005, 04:45 PM
Hi You All

I have justed in the mobile phone unlocking business just had my twister for two weeks now. Constantly as I begin to serve people I'm being frequently asked about minor problems on Mobile phones. I wanted to venture into the business of repair and wondered what equipment, knowledge do I need to acquire before I start repairing. Can you also justify why if say you suggest a tool the reasons I need it for.

Regards
Afro

icecoldbaby.
24-07-2005, 05:21 PM
Hi You All

I have justed in the mobile phone unlocking business just had my twister for two weeks now. Constantly as I begin to serve people I'm being frequently asked about minor problems on Mobile phones. I wanted to venture into the business of repair and wondered what equipment, knowledge do I need to acquire before I start repairing. Can you also justify why if say you suggest a tool the reasons I need it for.

Regards
Afro

First you need a heat gun, so you can remove componants from inside the phone. To enable you to remove componants you need a very very fine pair of tweezers. A soldering iron is also handy, 0.3mm solder balls, jigs, something to hold the phone in place whilst you work on it.

afrodizzy
24-07-2005, 08:21 PM
First you need a heat gun, so you can remove componants from inside the phone. To enable you to remove componants you need a very very fine pair of tweezers. A soldering iron is also handy, 0.3mm solder balls, jigs, something to hold the phone in place whilst you work on it.

thanks I have a Ultrasonic cleaner, a soldering iron all the screw drivers I have see a hot air station smoewhere as well as an oscilloscope what are their uses?

icecoldbaby.
24-07-2005, 10:01 PM
thanks I have a Ultrasonic cleaner, a soldering iron all the screw drivers I have see a hot air station smoewhere as well as an oscilloscope what are their uses?

whats an oscilloscope i never said one of them.

Try site www.i-phone.org

bobski
25-10-2005, 08:44 PM
whats an oscilloscope i never said one of them.

Try site www.i-phone.org

oscilloscope is a devise that reads waveforms and displays them on a relavant scaled graphic display

http://cripe03.ugent.be/Circuit/images/oscilloscope.jpg