PDA

View Full Version : D500 Corrupt startup & menu pictures

Dogsbelly
26-07-2005, 08:41 PM
I recently flashed my d500, and got the same errors as madbootboy (dns error every 10 mins or so)
I have flashed 3 times now, (erased nor and formated nand etc) every time i startup the load screen (supposed to say samsung) is messed up, menu screen is messed up on the 3,6,9th icon (all right side) when you select it (eg the animated bit) and i cant press left right or ok on the phone, i could before i flashed.
Any ideas or should i toast the phone, cos waiting 90mins for each flash isnt fun.
(why can it be as easy as flashing nokias?)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

p.s using corona 3.2.

slummarine
30-07-2005, 12:46 PM
what flash files u using? are you using the debranding files for flashing? ive done about 50 sofar had probs with 1 of them just went to images and picked diff wallpaper and sorted was a corroupt wallpaper which affected the images. If still stuck i can send you the files im using or can flash it for you

Dogsbelly
30-07-2005, 02:47 PM
what flash files u using? are you using the debranding files for flashing? ive done about 50 sofar had probs with 1 of them just went to images and picked diff wallpaper and sorted was a corroupt wallpaper which affected the images. If still stuck i can send you the files im using or can flash it for you

what is the flash file you have? I have tried
D500XAEB1
D500CEEB3
D500DDED4
all from avi-stuff.

the menu icon only corrupt when you are on top of it, when it should show the second image its just messed up.

madbootboy
04-08-2005, 11:59 PM
dogsbelly you have any luck mate not with the dns error but the corrupt screen mines the same havnt flashed though but screen was messed up ordered new screen but fone still the same got to be some sort of firmware fault did u get a flash that worked a 100%.

sixtysixthirty
05-08-2005, 02:51 PM
Hi,

Its not the error in flash its the settings in your email go to settings and play about in there when you flash it is looking for some settings that aint there DNS mean Domian Name Server

this worked for me

WBR,

slummarine
06-08-2005, 11:10 PM
just flashed a d500 when it was done the screen was white goto menue then icons there but can only see the 1 the curser is on and main screen white but some text there. I went to settings and selected a diffrent theme and it was ok after that dont know if this will help but wort a try