PDA

View Full Version : HELP ! Nokia 1100



OnixPhoenix
31-07-2005, 08:23 PM
Hello, Newfella here

OK I know I have entered the code 5 times and nothing,

or should I say "Not Allowed" so am I stuffed.

I would like to look at getting a Data Cable or is it to a guy with a laptop in the high street? :-?

any input would be great, can I not reformat the phone as with my 6600?

cheers

Onix :roll:

EdgeCrusher
31-07-2005, 09:27 PM
Not allowed message means that you have the correct code but the five opportunities are gone.

Now, "cable unlocking" means not just a cable. The phone needs to be flashed, that means replace the firmware with a clean one, with no lock programmed. That procedure needs a box, which is rather expensive for just one phone (chek prices at www.ucables.com, link at top of the forum).

Format is not a solution even on 6600, because the number of times that you have tried to input a code is not stored on a user-accesible part of the memory, so even if you format the phone will keep telling you "not allowed"

The best solution is trying to find a small phone repair shop, which will flash the phone for a smal charge.

Best regards
Edge