PDA

View Full Version : 6230 Speaker repair?

moocat
23-08-2005, 12:35 PM
Hi there...

I'm new to the site and have a problem with my Nokia 6230 - i've looked through old posts but not found a solution...

Problem is - the phone got dropped in a pint. Once it dried out i opened it up and gave it a clean which seems to have fixed every thing but the polyphonic speaker.
I've finally got round to ordering the little round speaker - which arrived today & has not solved the problem - i even gave it another clean for good measure.

Any Ideas or Help greatly appreciated - Emma :-?

iceman88
15-09-2005, 09:44 AM
most probly the chip on the pcb may have died as i suffer the same problem on my 6630. they said that becasue of a short ciruit the chip that delivers the sound to the speaker is dead.

i need it replaced but i have not found anyone that does it at the moment

JakeC
17-09-2005, 01:14 PM
G'day guys, I've come here with the exact same problem Emma mentions, right down to cause being spilling beer on it :-D

Anyway phone is the Nokia 6230, I dried it out, cleaned all the contacts everything seems to work fine except the polyfonic/handsfree speaker (on the righthand edge of the phone is distorted, crackles, has poor volume on full and cuts in and out. Being a noob I just ordered the ear piece speaker and a T6 screwdriver not realising that extent of the problem.

What I'm asking is, does anyone know if the polyponic/handsfree speaker is replaceable? Or a way in which I can diagnose the problem properly. T6 is yet to arrive so Im just in research mode until then.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks :)

JakeC
18-09-2005, 12:29 AM
Anyone :-? Diagram, repair guide/repair manual, flaming me for expecting a response, dirty jokes...anything :-P

yasar_K2006
24-09-2005, 08:57 PM
Hi there...

I'm new to the site and have a problem with my Nokia 6230 - i've looked through old posts but not found a solution...

Problem is - the phone got dropped in a pint. Once it dried out i opened it up and gave it a clean which seems to have fixed every thing but the polyphonic speaker.
I've finally got round to ordering the little round speaker - which arrived today & has not solved the problem - i even gave it another clean for good measure.

Any Ideas or Help greatly appreciated - Emma :-?
THE 6230 HAVE A SMALL IC FOR THE SPEAKER (RINGER)ITS HEAT WITH FLUX OR CHANGE WITH NEW ONE THEN SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM OK

SeeniX
04-02-2006, 03:06 PM
THE 6230 HAVE A SMALL IC FOR THE SPEAKER (RINGER)ITS HEAT WITH FLUX OR CHANGE WITH NEW ONE THEN SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM OK

Not quitte shure about what you are trying to tell. I have the same problem... ordered a new speaker, but the problem persists.

Would really like to know if it can be fixed and if so, how it can be fixed.

electrophoretic
04-02-2006, 06:28 PM
once and for all!!!

you people who have spilled liquid on your 6230's this was a bad move... your lucky that the only thing not working is your speaker, most people lose the backlights to which is IMPOSSIBLE to fix without a new chip!!

refer to the image... you must reflow the BGA that is in the RED circle (N150 Audio Amp) be careful not to melt the plastic components marked with the BLUE circle!!! reflow with a hot air rework station, if you dont have one you must take it to a repair shop who will do this for a small price!!

Good luck!!!

G

SeeniX
05-02-2006, 12:30 PM
You're damn right! Mine broke because of one night in a tent (not even a glass of beer or a washing machine). I will let it have fixed in a store!

Thanks for the clearing reply :D