PDA

View Full Version : Help Rebuilding IMEI on E700

aussie
24-08-2005, 10:25 AM
HI Guys.
Really need your help, i've searched through all 4 pages of "IMEI E700" on this forum and nothings been able to really help me. I've tried google as well.

Ok here's the story. I've got a SAmsung E700 and i need to rebuild the IMEI on it. I've bought the correct data cable from this link http://www.freeyourmobile.biz/acatalog/samsung_data_cable.html

(i bought the Samsung E700 S500 E300 serial unlock data cable with power - about 3/4 down the page). Now i connect it to my computer (tried 2 O/S, Windows XP SP2, and Windows 2000) and i'm not able to change the IMEI at all.

I've kept the phone turned off but as soon as i plug the data cable into the phone it starts charging the phone (even if i don't connect the battery to the power supply). I try to enter TAT mode using 3 different types of softwares and it just keeps timing out... I tried all 3 COM ports (how can i know which COM port my Cable is plugged into..?)

DO i have to connect a power suppll for it to work (battery..)..?

PLease help guys, i'm really desperate to get this working..!! I can post screenshots if you need to..

Thanxs

Billy

noxoc
24-08-2005, 10:50 AM
Hi m8
I had same problem with the powerd E700 cable, solved by buying a non powerd E700 cable and used gsm tools or s500 tools, both worked perfect on xp
cheers
Chris

aussie
25-08-2005, 11:21 PM
Ok cool, sounds good....

So i've got the wrong cable..!!!

Lol..
Thanxs for your help.. I'll just a non externally powered one..!