PDA

View Full Version : Changing an Samsung D500 IMEI with a USB cable

Adrenalin_Rush
02-09-2005, 07:02 PM
Hi guys,

I'm aaaalllllll the way in South Africa. I really REALLY need help here and I'd appreciate anything you can give me.

I have a USB cable for my D500. WinIMEI opens but I can only select Com1 etc etc. I'm sure you guys know about this problem. I tried a USB to serial driver, not working ... I've tried many forums all over the show, the one forum I found a link called 'D500 USB to Serial Driver' but I couldn't download it as I wasn't admin on the forums or something like that. Also can't remember the website address.
Any help, please.

Thanks in advance.

:???: :???: :???: :???: :???:

xavier2k3
02-09-2005, 08:27 PM
well just buy a com cable then? the 9v samsung serial cable is what you need.

regards
--marty

Adrenalin_Rush
03-09-2005, 07:13 AM
well just buy a com cable then? the 9v samsung serial cable is what you need.

regards
--marty

marty,

Thanks for the info bud, you see, here in SA, changing an IMEI is illegal, and although most shops do it, there are only a few that do it. They charging me a rediculous price. R500 = ±$80. Something like that.
Perhaps if I had a schematic for the serial cable it would help me as I used to work in a cellphone shop a while back and I know what I'm doing.
Anyone got a schematic for the Samsung D500 serial cable?

Thanks

xavier2k3
06-09-2005, 06:54 PM
IMEI changing is illegal everywhere mate. That's why when you browse certain forums the threads are locked and you're usually banned. Shops know it's a profitable market which is why they charge so much. You're going to have to get a Serial Cable either way. Try eBay, they are everywhere.

regards
--marty

icecoldbaby.
06-09-2005, 09:55 PM
IMEI changing is illegal everywhere mate. That's why when you browse certain forums the threads are locked and you're usually banned. Shops know it's a profitable market which is why they charge so much. You're going to have to get a Serial Cable either way. Try eBay, they are everywhere.

regards
--marty

i got a serial cable off e-bay for 8 quid

cenatuar
26-09-2005, 11:37 PM
i have sam d500 and usb cable and have been able to flash unlock repair/change imei with it got cable and software from www.phantomgsm.com