PDA

View Full Version : Unlocking my Nokia 6101 RM 76



soundman
02-09-2005, 10:59 PM
My phone is on the O2 network (not 100% sure if it is locked on that), tried to enter the unlock code using the calculator but nothing happens at all... what am I doing wrong? Is there any button(s) I need to press after entering the code? Please help before I go to America!!!
Soundman

mestrini
02-09-2005, 11:51 PM
if you'd taken the time to search before posting you'd have seen some posts about same problem where it's told to use a NON-ACCEPTED SIM card and type the code when asked...

good luck before you leave ;)

soundman
03-09-2005, 01:30 PM
if you'd taken the time to search before posting you'd have seen some posts about same problem where it's told to use a NON-ACCEPTED SIM card and type the code when asked...

good luck before you leave ;)

Sorry to upset you, mestrini - I am somewhat of a rookie at this, and the nokia unklock program simply said about taking the SIM card out, not putting another one in! As for not looking around the posts for other clues, that's a case of not finding the woods for the trees - I needed to know what to search for!! :???:

EdgeCrusher
03-09-2005, 09:31 PM
Sorry to upset you, mestrini - I am somewhat of a rookie at this, and the nokia unklock program simply said about taking the SIM card out, not putting another one in! As for not looking around the posts for other clues, that's a case of not finding the woods for the trees - I needed to know what to search for!! :???:

Don't worry Mr. soundman. The search engine works as any search engine. Input a keyword, like your phone model, or your network, and taking some minutes seeking for the issue usually saves some time.

The issue of needing a locked sim in order to unlock is specific to some models. Almost all of them unlock with no sim card in it, but some need a locked sim.

Enjoy NokiaFREE, and be welcome to the community.

Best regards
Edge

mestrini
03-09-2005, 11:45 PM
Sorry to upset you, mestrini - I am somewhat of a rookie at this, and the nokia unklock program simply said about taking the SIM card out, not putting another one in! As for not looking around the posts for other clues, that's a case of not finding the woods for the trees - I needed to know what to search for!! :???:

well, i apologise for my rudeness but we're getting daily repeated questions and it's hard to be answering the same all the time. I know that when not inside a subject it's hard to know what to search for and words to use but... if newcomers start by the essencial (Rules and FAQ's) it's easier to get the fastest and better response to the problem

check this fine example: http://nokiafree.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=76822

cheers and, as very well said by Mr. Edgecrusher, welcome to our community

sferson
04-09-2005, 02:27 PM
well, i apologise for my rudeness but we're getting daily repeated questions and it's hard to be answering the same all the time. I know that when not inside a subject it's hard to know what to search for and words to use but... if newcomers start by the essencial (Rules and FAQ's) it's easier to get the fastest and better response to the problem

check this fine example: http://nokiafree.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=76822

cheers and, as very well said by Mr. Edgecrusher, welcome to our community

The thread you linked to is about the 6100, the OP asked about the 6101.

EdgeCrusher
04-09-2005, 07:53 PM
The thread you linked to is about the 6100, the OP asked about the 6101.

Mr. Sferson, the point isn't the model. The point is this:
-He read the rules, as he didn't post his imei.
-He read the FAQs.
-He did a search.
-He tried, beeing aware that he had five tries.
-He succeeded, and posted results, to help others on similar situations..
-He said thanks, even if no question was posted.

That's the point of quoting that post.

Best regards
Edge