PDA

View Full Version : Nokia phones reverse enineering HELP??

rash.m2k
09-09-2005, 11:42 PM
Does anybody know any good, tutorials or website or any resources, where I could learn how nokia phones work?

I am not an idiot.

I am very technically minded and am very good at electronics (didn't do it at A Level but regreting cos its easy!!!)

I want to know this so that maybe, in some small way I can help speed up the unlock code generator of the 6630 and 6680, but I think this will take some time.

I am going to do a degree in Electronics/Comp. Sci. so at the end of this reverse eninering should be easy peasy (I hope), but dont wanna wait that long!

I know that Nokia smartphones use ARM processors, but need a decompiling tool so I can decompile the 6630 firmware and see where algo is.

NokDoc
10-09-2005, 09:10 AM
Hi,

Reversing newer types would almost be the same as reversing dct3 types, which we do here already quite a long time.

The only difference is the files are cyphered.

>> but dont wanna wait that long!

Noone wants, but appearently it's the only alternative we have.

Noone ever informed Us here how this decyphering works.

Ps, moved to dct developers area.

Once this cyphering stuff is known, it will be the area where guys like U will have their meeting point bout reversing.

NokDoc

EdgeCrusher
10-09-2005, 11:05 PM
As for the ARM processor intructions, and compiler/decompiler, I can't help directly on Nokia handsets. But we could join and do something. I had a handheld pc, an HP Jornada 720 (which used an ARM processor).

In those times, I installed some compiler/decompilers, and I wanted to write some specific apps for networking tasks.

I can't really decompile Nokia firmware because I don't have a box, and 6630 and 6680 are not sold here in Argentina.

But, we could join forces. After all, that's the idea of community. Maybe there's a script of teh basic structure of Nokia firmware. 4k is a lot of program lines.

So, anything, post again or pm me, and we can talk.

Best regards
Edge

NokDoc
12-09-2005, 12:08 PM
Hi,

I love to join forces, off course, but please read more carefully.

Compiling/ decompiling ARM like U mean is been done by tools like ida or winarm.

When knowing these tools, it's not that hard basically.
(believe me, I do compiling on an A4 manually!)

However, before U can open a flash there, U must uncypher it 1st.

That's where the real problem is this moment, Nokia scrambled it's newer flash types.

NokDoc

deadspot
12-09-2005, 12:44 PM
check this link...

http://www.blutacgsm.net/forums/showthread.php?t=491&page=1&pp=10

EdgeCrusher
12-09-2005, 05:41 PM
Hi,

I love to join forces, off course, but please read more carefully.

Compiling/ decompiling ARM like U mean is been done by tools like ida or winarm.

However, before U can open a flash there, U must uncypher it 1st.

That's where the real problem is this moment, Nokia scrambled it's newer flash types.

NokDoc

Agree with you in that point, compiling in fact is not complicated as I had compiled some specific apps for ARM and later ported them to i386 architecture. Not hard with the adequate tools indeed (I throwed my J720 because even at 203mhz and compiled in machine coding, still it was slow to manage packet transmission through complex networks, and all the networks that I work at are all i386 arch, and instructions for CISC processor are not always fast in a RISC one).

I knew that that the problem was with ciphering... i did not know that the stop was still there (even if you said so, you're right, I didn't read carefully). Has there been any news from mr. Dejan side? As I read somewhere, he managed to break the code but he has not been able to generate a static pattern for bb5 (of course, a bit more complex than these simple words, as my technological vocabulary in english is not as good as I'd want).

Can't believe... I don't do it since I messed up with an old Spectrum!!!!! I can read code (with some difficulties), but really Mr. NokDoc... why compile manually if there are tools to do that? Really, Pascal and Von Braun would have admired you. I do also... :D

A pleisure to talk with you Mr. NokDoc, waiting for news.

Best regards
Edge

NokDoc
13-09-2005, 05:40 PM
Hi,

>> As I read somewhere, he managed ...

All I know Mr. Dejan once posted some confusing code on gsmcityforum.

And I know 2 of my good friends also know.

But I never bothered to know for myself simply while I don't have a box which I probably would need for my purposes.

And I assume they probably have their reasons for not sharing with Us here from own free will.

>> Can't believe...

Hehe, that's a know problem for me.

I'll PM U my icq nr, soon U'll be full of surprises.

NokDoc