PDA

View Full Version : screen_saver.nrx - a bug or not?

LoMaster
15-09-2005, 09:33 PM
screen_saver.nrx
When entering power saving mode, the last animation frame is displayed in the background (behind the clock). Shouldn't that frame be cleared from the screen? It looks really ugly! Here are screenshots:

LEFT - a ScrSvr that I made just to try how it works (anim taken from Nokix samples).

RIGHT - a ready-made ScrSvr taken from Nokix samples.

Both screenshots were taken after the anim stopped and entered power save mode. The clock continues to run correctly, so the screen doesn't freeze completely.

vibra_controls.nrx
The vibra level is set to 0 by default, but vibra works correctly, and I can even change its power through vibra_power.nrx. When I try to increase vibra level through vibra_controls.nrx, the vibra motor spins constantly (even if I save the selected level and exit; the power is changed, though). Same problem with vibra_controls.nrx even when vibra_power.nrx wasn't present in the project.

netgraph.nrx
When the signal is very strong and the graph should be "above" the screen, it goes "below" the screen instead - just drows a line from the upper to the lower corner (and back when the signal drops down a bit). Sorry I can't provide a screenshot - there is no places with such a good receiption near my house.

--------------------------------
Nokia 3310 -> 3315 6.39(I) NOKIXed

yak
18-09-2005, 09:24 PM
It's not a bug.

Most of the screen savers doesn't have date/time on the animations but rather somewhere next to it. In such a case clearing the anim would leave an empty space on most of the screen - this wouldn't be nice either.

The best way to fox this problem would be to add some kind of setting to the screen saver file, so clearing or not would depend on screen saver. I will try to add it in next version.

LoMaster
19-09-2005, 09:55 AM
Thanx for your reply.

And what about the vibra_controls.nrx? I searched the forum and found out that there were problems with this script earlier, but seems not exactly what I got.
In addition to what I wrote earlier: if I set some (non-zero) vibra level through vibra_controls.nrx, save it and then turn off the phone (the vibra continues to work until 2-3 sec. after the screen goes off), and then turn the phone back on, the level becomes 0 again.

yak
21-09-2005, 01:53 PM
It's normal, the state isn't saved. The vibra works 2 sec. after power off beacause during it the phone clears the screen, disables the lights and then does some other shot down routines and after that goes for real power off and the vibra stops.

This script is only a test, nothing more, as it was in early days in g3n0lite. It shows how the vibra strenth can be controled.