PDA

View Full Version : dct4 stacks

madock
29-09-2005, 05:40 AM
Hi all forum members

Does anyone know the main parts of the DCT4?
From the forum I saw piece of informations (PPM, MCU ...) and I would like to know if someone could figure out the all parts.

On another matter: As mentioned here many times - the DCT4 is encrypted. but the DCT3 is NOT encrypted.
Does anyone know which are the parts that are similar between the DCT3 and the DCT4? Does anyone has the source code of the DCT3?

I'll be thankfull for your help.
Madock

yak
29-09-2005, 11:31 AM
The parts you are talking about are firmware parts.

The MCU is the main firmware chunk containing the code and some static data.

The PPM is secondary firmware chunk and it contains language packs, ringtones, T9 dictionaries and so on. There are diffrent PPM chunk versions for one MCU version. They contain different languages.

Both DCT3 and DCT4 contain MCU and PPM. Right, in DCT4 the whole firmware is encrypted. Since I'm not too strong in DCT4 I can't tell you more about it. Please ask in DCT4 forum section (this is DCT3 if you don't know).

As for DCT3 the sources are not available. We only have the firmwares binaries (so called flashfiles as they are kept in a FLASH chip in the phone). However, since the DCT3 FW is not encrypted, you can see all the data and ASM code in the file. This allowes us to modify it quite easily by interpreting this ASM code. If you're interested in programming for DCT3 (adding new features, improving old ones) start here (http://nokix.pasjagsm.pl).

Regards
[Yak]

madock
30-09-2005, 12:35 PM
Those are erally great great notes!!!
I must say that these are the most professional and helpfull I got on this subject and I'm thanfull.
I must bother you with 2 more questions:
1. I heard in some places that there are parts that are similar between the D4 and the D3 are you familiar what those parts might be?
2. I dowanloaded the sources of the NokiX by Yak for Win32. Are those actually reversed engineer sources of the Nokia OS? if not - is it possible somehow to get reverersed sources of the D3 flash?

thanks again.
Madock

yak
30-09-2005, 11:23 PM
1. I haven't seen a decrypted DCT4 flashfile (but I know some people have access to it) so I cannot tell you what parts are simmilar there. I think the whole idea of the system is not much different but highly improved in DCT4.

2. No, no! NokiX is a program (written by me) for Windows/Linux used to install some patches on the binary flashfile of DCT3 phones. These patches are based on analyzis of the ASM code of the FW. Altrough there are some techiques to turn a binary/executable file into a (lets say) C source but noone have achieved this with DCT3 FW. There are many problems during this operation which make this very long and hard work even impossible (search the net for more info about turning an executable file back into the high level language source code).

Daryl Saludares
04-10-2005, 01:23 AM
where is g3gg0 now? :o

mestrini
04-10-2005, 11:41 AM
ask here: http://www.g3gg0.de/ ;)

madock
05-10-2005, 01:16 PM
1. I haven't seen a decrypted DCT4 flashfile (but I know some people have access to it) so I cannot tell you what parts are simmilar there. I think the whole idea of the system is not much different but highly improved in DCT4.

2. No, no! NokiX is a program (written by me) for Windows/Linux used to install some patches on the binary flashfile of DCT3 phones. These patches are based on analyzis of the ASM code of the FW. Altrough there are some techiques to turn a binary/executable file into a (lets say) C source but noone have achieved this with DCT3 FW. There are many problems during this operation which make this very long and hard work even impossible (search the net for more info about turning an executable file back into the high level language source code).
Hi Again

You said that you know people who have access to it. Are they community people or Nokia's people?
is there any chance to connect them regarding this issue?
Thanks.

mestrini
05-10-2005, 11:51 PM
If you can get hands on a DCT4 box you can have your own DCT4 decrypted files

How? Go to Dejan's page and get a sw he made to do that job :-P

HERE (http://users.net.yu/~dejan/) :-D

cheers and good luck