PDA

View Full Version : 3310 to 3390. Is it possible?

iguanas
29-09-2005, 09:15 PM
Hi all, im new to the forums but long user of info that appear in it and the page.
My question is if it is possible to convert a 3310 to 3390, cause i need to make the telephone usable in the 1900mhz spectrum.
A friend of mine in spain, send me the 3310, but not work in argentina (where i lives).
I know the 3390 is modeable to 3310, but i didnt find the guide. i suppose that the 3310 to 3390 is also possible.
I would appreciate any help. Thanks!

mestrini
30-09-2005, 12:34 AM
Hi all, im new to the forums but long user of info that appear in it and the page.
My question is if it is possible to convert a 3310 to 3390, cause i need to make the telephone usable in the 1900mhz spectrum.
A friend of mine in spain, send me the 3310, but not work in argentina (where i lives).
I know the 3390 is modeable to 3310, but i didnt find the guide. i suppose that the 3310 to 3390 is also possible.
I would appreciate any help. Thanks!

If it's possible then it requires an hardware modification. Only flashing the phone will lead to a "no signal" phone

sergo_zmeia
23-11-2005, 06:43 PM
Yes it needs hardware modifications...Im about to try 3390 to 3310 this week..If I got lucky..Ill post here which parts U need to change..
Regards!
sergo_zmeia

bayleaf
19-01-2006, 10:31 PM
what about flashing a 3310 file into a 3390 will that still give no signal if the 3390 is still in use in usa where there is a 1900 mhz signal ?
i need to flash a modded 3310 file to use that function in the usa , the 3390 will in thory have hardware in place for 1900mhz ??

mestrini
20-01-2006, 01:02 AM
The 3390 will have the correct hardware. the problem is that the software inside it will be trying to do things it's not meant to do or to call devices with different specs

so the answer is definitely: NOT POSSIBLE

bayleaf
22-01-2006, 03:02 PM
The 3390 will have the correct hardware. the problem is that the software inside it will be trying to do things it's not meant to do or to call devices with different specs

so the answer is definitely: NOT POSSIBLE

in that case can i put the auto answer into a 3390 flash ? then just reflash the 3390 with that.
i been trying to find a copy of auto answer script to use with nokix but so far failed , im a little out of my depth here i have never tried modding flash files , but eager to learn

mestrini
22-01-2006, 11:16 PM
your problem still won't be solved since most developers (if not all) aren't from North America, meaning that US flash files aren't studied...

bayleaf
23-01-2006, 10:15 PM
so is it not just a case of inserting the auto answer into the 3390 flash ?
or am i missing the point ?

mestrini
24-01-2006, 12:27 AM
maybe it is but, as i told, since american flashes aren't studied we do not know if functions are same or if located in same areas. and even if scripts would be successfuly patched we'd still not know if they'd work since there aren't 3390 on this side

You can always become the american modder ;) and start trying existing scripts in your 3390. ;)

bayleaf
27-01-2006, 07:55 PM
maybe it is but, as i told, since american flashes aren't studied we do not know if functions are same or if located in same areas. and even if scripts would be successfuly patched we'd still not know if they'd work since there aren't 3390 on this side

You can always become the american modder ;) and start trying existing scripts in your 3390. ;)
truble is im in the UK ,im doing this for a friend over there , i posted another post about patching scripts into a 3390 all i got was errors , but i am very new to all of this , im well used to flashing but not modding flashes, although i know it cant be tried out with a 1900 meg signal but could you try patching a 3390 flash see if you get errors , i think it must be something im doing /not doing, perhaps post your result here, i really cant beleive out of about 200 million people in USA have not got into modding phones, there must be at least one reading this that could also try .

icecoldbaby.
29-01-2006, 12:22 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NOKIA-3310-COVERT-SURVEILLANCE-LISTENING-DEVICE_W0QQitemZ6477362812QQcategoryZ3312QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZbayleaf1963QQhtZ-1

i thought this was allowed?????

mestrini
29-01-2006, 09:04 PM
sad sad... :sad: looking to expand service across the ocean?

http://nokiafree.org/forums/t70045/h/s.html (happened before)

bayleaf
29-01-2006, 09:30 PM
whats so sad ? lifes about earning and learning , im doing both, also having fun, chill out folks

dvirus666
29-01-2006, 09:35 PM
whats so sad ? lifes about earning and learning , im doing both, also having fun, chill out folks
Just a little friendly advice...

If its your own work (scripts, etc) then earn as much as you can. :-)
Using other is not the best way to make friends. :cry:

bayleaf
29-01-2006, 10:00 PM
well im learning fast , hopefully will share my findings , on this forum when i have cracked the 3390 problem , i know i will its just a matter of time , must admit 3000 miles of water may hinder me a little , but i have got a contact over there that is helping with testing.

bayleaf
29-01-2006, 11:39 PM
could not agree more , help each other thats what the forum is for, i think the origanal dispute was with the d virus flash, things have moved on since then i know of at least 6 other flash versions , who wrote each of them no one knows , i have bought and tested each one , some are more stable than others , think the dispute was with andy con ( how corny is that ) and jucks who sells them via his website.
the flash i have used in the past ,( initially i used the d virus flash) i paid some one to create , it was basic no fancy added features, but worked well .
now im trying to create my own , just to prove to myself i can do it .
also copyright issue , think anyone who touch a flash even patch it to unlock a phone can be accused of that, millions of people all aroud the world do this every day, for instance i unlocked 5 phones yesterday LG8380 using furious patch unlock flash files, lets lock eveyone up for being bad people.
lets get back to job in hand of learning the art of modding , thats what were all on here for

malakye
30-01-2006, 12:56 AM
could not agree more , help each other thats what the forum is for, i think the origanal dispute was with the d virus flash, things have moved on since then i know of at least 6 other flash versions , who wrote each of them no one knows , i have bought and tested each one , some are more stable than others , think the dispute was with andy con ( how corny is that ) and jucks who sells them via his website.
the flash i have used in the past ,( initially i used the d virus flash) i paid some one to create , it was basic no fancy added features, but worked well .
now im trying to create my own , just to prove to myself i can do it .
also copyright issue , think anyone who touch a flash even patch it to unlock a phone can be accused of that, millions of people all aroud the world do this every day, for instance i unlocked 5 phones yesterday LG8380 using furious patch unlock flash files, lets lock eveyone up for being bad people.
lets get back to job in hand of learning the art of modding , thats what were all on here for

You were the one selling the dvirus flash which did not belong to you, nor did you pay dvirus to create it. How do I know?????????? I emailed you through ebay and asked which version you were using.
The problem here is people, ripping off other peoples work, people who have worked hard to create the work and have done this and gave it out to others FREE of charge and you are now exploiting it and them. May I suggest that unless you actually learn to do the reverse engineering of the phones yourself you should not be selling the work.

mestrini
30-01-2006, 01:39 AM

count me out of this project then...

bayleaf
30-01-2006, 09:23 AM
You were the one selling the dvirus flash which did not belong to you, nor did you pay dvirus to create it. How do I know?????????? I emailed you through ebay and asked which version you were using.
The problem here is people, ripping off other peoples work, people who have worked hard to create the work and have done this and gave it out to others FREE of charge and you are now exploiting it and them. May I suggest that unless you actually learn to do the reverse engineering of the phones yourself you should not be selling the work.
yes i know you e mailed me , that was a long time ago , i did not pay d virus you are correct ,that i admit was a mistake, after that i paid another person which was many months ago, so if any one has ripped anyone its not me.
now until someone messed up this thread , i was LEARNING to create another project in the name of 3390 version,

malakye
30-01-2006, 04:14 PM
Good luck in "trying" to learn, how to do what you want to do to your phone, but don't be surprised if no one wants to help you after the way you have been acting.
I just think it's a shame that the people who have "learned" are being ripped of by you earning, and yes you were as guilty as the likes of Andy Con. Infact more so cause at least Andy stopped selling when he was informed that he did not have permission to sell that flash and it was out of order selling someone elses work. You however continued and then used the excuse you had paid someone else to do it for you. I know you continued to use Dvirus flash for sometime after that. Yet you don't see it a problem, and tell people to chill out and have fun. :sad: