PDA

View Full Version : unlocking 6630

kev_london
04-10-2005, 01:54 PM
I have a nokia 6630 on vodafone, which i got given to my by my brother as he no longer needs it.

Ive been reading about trying to get it unlocked as i want to use my o2 sim card in it!

As far as im aware u can only use the codes given to u from the sp, has any one rang vodafone to get the unlocking code? if so wat did you say to vodafone? were they wierd about it etc!

thanks

mestrini
04-10-2005, 03:13 PM
i've read about people getting the right codes but also about others complaining that they have been given wrong ones so... :???:

for free i guess they won't provide but if one pays then i guess it has the right to demand refund or a new code if things don't work

kev_london
04-10-2005, 03:54 PM
yeah i have read this too, they have probably typed it in wrong, i dont mind paying 20£ to get the phone unlocked, it just ive rang mobile companies before for other various reasons and they seem like monkies! so wether or not they help thats the question! thats why im hoping some one can reply who has had success in unlocking the phone and if they can help me.

EdgeCrusher
04-10-2005, 04:42 PM
Well If I remember correctly, there were some people that bought the code from Vodafone and it worked. The main problem is that, usually, the guy that works at customer service doesn't have an idea of codes locked issue. Even if you're willing to pay, if he has not idea he can't point you in the right direction.

I'd say that the best option is to call, and if the guy doesn't understand what are you talking about, ask to talk with his supervisor (since you are making use of a customer right).

Best regards
Edge

kev_london
04-10-2005, 05:49 PM
yeah thanks for the advise! ill give it a go tomorro and let u know wat my outcome is!

bobski
12-10-2005, 04:41 PM
What phone number should i ring to get vodafone(UK) to sell me a code for my 6630?

Thanks in advance.

EdgeCrusher
12-10-2005, 04:50 PM
well....Customer service? sounds a good choice, as I don't think there's an special number ;)

Best regards
Edge

bobski
12-10-2005, 05:06 PM
so you spend all your time sat there looking at new posts and trying to be clever while annoying people?

anyone else want to leave the number for vodafone CUSTOMER SERVICE??

EdgeCrusher
13-10-2005, 12:19 AM
so you spend all your time sat there looking at new posts and trying to be clever while annoying people?

anyone else want to leave the number for vodafone CUSTOMER SERVICE??

Mr. bobski, I will take this as easily as I can. I suppose that you understand the concept of internet as an "international community". I don't know the Vodafone customer service number simply because I'm from Argentina. Asides that, you didn't specified that you wanted the customer service numer of vodafone, I tried to point you in the right direction. I understand that if you're a customer of Vodafone, you should know their customer service number. I assumed you were.

So next time:
1. Be specific.
2. Understand that this is an international community.
3. Use google. I'm sure that in the vodafone site of your country, there is the customer service number.

4. BE MORE POLITE.

Take that as a warning. Be careful with your words. I'm sure you can be a polite person that can easily interact with a diverse community.

Best regards
Edge