I have trouble with calendar.nrx

# Processing started

# Output flash saving disabled.

# Input flash: 3310e607,PPM,space.fls
# Loading... OK

# Processing: calendar.nrx
Inserting calendar functions...
# 270 +++ setlong calendar_o_1+1152 str_months+-3
# Error 41 running "D:\Programs\Nokia\Moding\NokiX\scripts\calendar.nrx", line 270: Bad arithmetic conversion

# ERROR: Script failure!

p_l_q
23-10-2005, 06:47 AM
nice job :) i'll test it right now :smile:

---ADD---

unfotrunately add_date_setting.nrx don't want to work with the newest snap :-( here u have an error:

# Processing: add_date_settings.nrx
## Now Patching...
# 107 +++ setlong main_o_1+712 str_months+-3
# Error 41 running "C:\Documents and Settings\plq\Pulpit\NokiX 1.15\scripts\add_date_settings.nrx", line 107: Bad arithmetic conversion

# ERROR: Script failure!

i will be thankful if sb will solve this problem :)

reagrds plq

joci2000
23-10-2005, 10:58 AM
hi all

First of all :Thanks Yak for the newest update.

I haven't got any problem yet with the newest update.

@ShadoW2004

I used the calendar script on the 8th place before any program ,except call duration and invert, and i didn't get any problem.

thx again

edited: I think i found a little cosmetic bug in calendar.
the number of the week will be changed only after friday and not after sunday :) this would be very good if all week start with two holiday :D

yak
23-10-2005, 12:01 PM
about the add_date_setting.nrx problem:

together with add_date_setting.nrx comes a PPM file: months_ppm.txt. the new snapshot also includes such file (I didn't know it when I was publishing it). If you keep add_date_setting.nrx in your main scripts directory together with my scripts and you've copied new snapshot over it, the original months_ppm.txt was overwritten with my (which is different) and add_date_setting.nrx does not work with it.

there are two solutions:

1. move add_date_setting.nrx together with its PPM files to some different directory and use it from there. put my months_ppm.txt in the snapshot directory.

2. edit my months_ppm.txt file to work woth both my scrips and add_date_setting.nrx. after opening it in some text editor you'll see commented months entries - simply uncomment all of them.

about the week in calendar:

I've made it to work so. I didn't know how are the weeks counted in counties, where the week starts from saturday for example. I thought the week number should change every saturday then. so, should I change it to monday no matter what week start is set?

joci2000
23-10-2005, 12:19 PM
OMG

I've just noticed this function :grin: . It is amaizing. there is no bug, i just had to see more deeply the calendar functions ;)

thx for the solution

LoMaster
23-10-2005, 07:03 PM
1. Thanx a lot for this new snapshot! Especially for the "week start" in the Calendar!

2. Calendar:
No definition is created for Calendar on my 3310. Extras.nrx reports

#### Unknown definition (calendar), skipping!
write_menu.nrx reports

#### Line 547: Bad value (calendar) for field DEF!
#### Line 547: WARNING! Item skipped!
Is this the way that Calendar should work on phones with built-in reminders? Can't we use the Calendar from other places in menu?

3. Calendar:
The vertical line(s) that mark the weekends appear in wrong position(s), if week start is set to Sat or Sun (however, maybe it's correct for Sat? I have no idea where weeks are started on Sat, and when do they have weekends. Anyway it's surely wrong for Sun).

4. Advanced calculator:
Seems that you've forgotten to replace "Sinus", "Cosinus", "Arc. sinus", "Arc. cosinus" string constants to corresp. PPM strings (that's since 21.09.05 snapshot, i think). Also i think that correct words should be "Sine", "Cosine", etc. (at least that's how it appears in my dictionaries :-)).

5. Maze3D:
The "Game over!" (ENGL) string doesn't fit to screen because of the i icon. In Nokia games this icon doesn't appear.

ShadoW2004
23-10-2005, 07:11 PM
hi all

First of all :Thanks Yak for the newest update.

I haven't got any problem yet with the newest update.

@ShadoW2004

I used the calendar script on the 8th place before any program ,except call duration and invert, and i didn't get any problem.

thx again

edited: I think i found a little cosmetic bug in calendar.
the number of the week will be changed only after friday and not after sunday :) this would be very good if all week start with two holiday :D

I find my trouble - it is because I did not replaced months_ppm.txt with new one... ;)

nuukiaworld
24-10-2005, 07:02 AM
The new calendar is amazing, it now easy to see if there are any coming remiders in the next ~30 days. Thanks for that!

The week numbering, however, does not conform to the ISO 8601 standard, which says that the week number one is the first 4-day week (and week starts always on Monday). But because so many countries outside Europe do not follow this standard, there should be a "first week of year" option in the menu, too. I guess that the following choices for it are ok:

Starts on Jan 1 (week 1 contains 1-7 days)
First 4-day week (ISO standard, same as "week containing Jan 4" -- should be the default)
First full week (same as "week containing Jan 7")

Week numbers are widely used in business and at least I never remember the number of the current week... So the Calendar would be a great help in that.

FeX
24-10-2005, 01:04 PM
Yak, I also wonder, why calendar definition is missing in REMINDER and
CALENDAR patch types of calendar.nrx, and whether you plan to implement it?

2. Calendar:
No definition is created for Calendar on my 3310. Extras.nrx reports

#### Unknown definition (calendar), skipping!
write_menu.nrx reports

#### Line 547: Bad value (calendar) for field DEF!
#### Line 547: WARNING! Item skipped!
Is this the way that Calendar should work on phones with built-in reminders? Can't we use the Calendar from other places in menu?

yak
24-10-2005, 04:12 PM
@ LoMaster

yes, no definition is created if the script is patched on phone with reminders or nokia calendar.

well, i'm from europe. i don't know how it is in different contries but for me weekend is always saturday and sunday. so, those two days are separated from others (mo-fr) no matter what week start is set. if my assumption was wrong, please let me know how this should be done correctly.

i will fix advaced_calculatr's and maze3d's strings.

@ FeX

if you want to access the calendar from some other menu place, simply copy reminders/nokiacalendar item and change its parameters to suit your needs (don't change MSG and ARG).

LoMaster
24-10-2005, 04:56 PM
@ Yak

1. In where i live, weeks are started on Sunday, and Fri-Sat is the weekend. As for countries where weeks start on Sat, i have no idea :-?.

2. Sorry for disturbing you once more with all this localized (hebrew) staff, but: some your applications display hebrew strings from left to right (while it should be ri-2-le) - till now i noticed it in bus_timetable's & calendar's "Options" string, and in calendar's & screen_saver's weekdays (long & short) and months (short; long aren't used) strings. While in most cases it was enough to reverse the strings in *_ppm.txt file, it can't be done to fix displaying long weekday names in screen_saver - these strings are used in other scripts that display them correctly (in ri-2-le).

P. S. (cosmetic)
Months' names aren't displayed in screen_saver while the phone is set to hebrew - only months numbers (screen_saver.nrx was used with default values; in eng and rus it works correctly).

joci2000
24-10-2005, 06:38 PM
Yak, i have a simple question about the newest calendar.

so I patched my 3330 with calendar and simply when i want to access the reminder it just hang and do nothing. on 3310 works without any problem.

so what could i do with it?

thx

yak
24-10-2005, 09:48 PM
@ joci2000

i sat with my friend nEMO (thanks m8!) for about 6 hours tracking remotly the bug. i was changing the script then sending it to him and he was testing it on 3330/5510 (since I don't have these models).

finally the bug was tracked and fixed.

updated snapshot is available on NokiX home page.

newknaber
25-10-2005, 06:35 AM
request: gentlemen, it is possible to have an on/off option in real_backspace.nrx and smooth_sms_scroll

tnx and more power!

newknaber
25-10-2005, 06:37 AM
the following is a little bit modified in 3310 menu icon and some original nokia re tones.

joci2000
25-10-2005, 07:03 AM
@ joci2000

Thanks so much :wink:

nuukiaworld
25-10-2005, 03:19 PM
... so, those two days are separated from others (mo-fr) no matter what week start is set. if my assumption was wrong, please let me know how this should be done correctly.Hmmm... M$ have not found any better solution for this weekend problem in Outlook98 than 7 separate checkboxes:
http://www.panuworld.net/data/workweek.png
But I think that this app does not need this amount of flexibility; please don't make it too clumsy.

Week may start on Sunday with weekend Sat-Sun (USA), Sunday with weekend Fri-Sat, and Monday with weekend Sat-Sun (EU). Somebody who knows where the week starts on Saturday can tell the position of weekend in that case.

BTW. Breaker 2.00 seem to crash if you "catch" the ball on the leftmost corner of the paddle and then move the paddle to the leftmost position and try to relaunch the ball there. Maybe same with the right side also?

yak
25-10-2005, 03:43 PM
@ nuukiaworld

great, i will rearange the weekend markings according to your suggestion.

about the 'week of the year' value. i just played with the SE T610 phone and I see that it's using the ISO 8601 standard you've mentioned earlier. for now i will fix my Calendar to conform to the standard. maybe later i'll add a setting for it (SE doesn't have any setting for it).

JUNT
26-10-2005, 12:47 AM
request: gentlemen, it is possible to have an on/off option in real_backspace.nrx and smooth_sms_scroll

tnx and more power!

these are also what i wanted, hoping Mr. Yak can modify those script. thanks in advance.

idkfa
27-10-2005, 03:32 PM
File FIND_UI_MESSAGE.RX should have lowercase extention.
It's for linux :)

ShadoW2004
28-10-2005, 06:53 PM
@ joci2000

i sat with my friend nEMO (thanks m8!) for about 6 hours tracking remotly the bug. i was changing the script then sending it to him and he was testing it on 3330/5510 (since I don't have these models).

Snapshot updated but bug in calendar not fixed

#### Line 586: Bad value (calendar) for field DEF!
#### Line 586: WARNING! Item skipped!

3310e6.07

joci2000
28-10-2005, 07:17 PM
Snapshot updated but bug in calendar not fixed

#### Line 586: Bad value (calendar) for field DEF!
#### Line 586: WARNING! Item skipped!

3310e6.07

This is not a bug. The new calendar will be integrated into reminder so you don't need new definition. the definition will be created only on nokias which does not have reminder function.

so if you want a calendar at other place, copy the reminder's id. ;)

FeX
29-10-2005, 07:54 AM
This is not a bug. The new calendar will be integrated into reminder so you don't need new definition. the definition will be created only on nokias which does not have reminder function.

so if you want a calendar at other place, copy the reminder's id. ;)

But there's kind of a bug after putting reminder in other place - the
menu I put the reminder in gets a bit messed up (n3310, v06.39).
My Applications menu looks like this:

# Applications
@item title=text/applications bmp="apps.bmp" action=0x3E msg=0x387
@menu dispmode=0xC0
@header action=0xD flags=0x1

# Calendar/Reminder
@item title=text/calendar/app/title msg=0x5E0 arg=0x62

# Watch
@item def=watch

# Plotter
@item def=plotter

# RPN calculator
@item def=rpn_calculator

# Netgraph
@item def=netgraph

# Mobile unlocker
@item def=mobile_unlocker

# Memory editor
@item def=memory_editor

# Applications
@end

Then, entering the Applications menu on my phone, the titles adjacent to
the reminders item are quite messed up, you can see the shots attached,
made with NokiXshot after entering the menu and scrolling down with a
navi key. And although the menu items are messed up, I can regurlarly
enter every menu item, and access every application of it, the calendar/
reminder as well.

yak
29-10-2005, 09:02 AM
@ FeX

You cannot use the "text/calendar/app/title" text from the calendar's PPM file. The script detects that you have Reminders and that "Calendar" string won't be needed for the definition. So, the "text/calendar/app/title" isn't added.

Create your own text (preferably "text/calendar") in the same file where you have defined the "text/applications" text.

Nokia menus (in list mode) always get "messed up" if you have an item without title in them.

FeX
29-10-2005, 11:46 AM
Thanks for advice, Yak, it was helpful, indeed.

macg
03-11-2005, 11:29 AM
Your scripts are really great job!!! Thanks :grin:

joci2000
04-11-2005, 03:02 PM
I have a question about the bus_timetable script.

i want to add some line which's station's names contain some special character like these: áéíöüóűúő

I try to add in several way these characters (in hex or in unicode format or simple with that character) but it doesn't want to work completely.
there were some char which worked(ü,ö,é) and the other didn't :( it just showed a little box :(

could somebody tell me that why don't want to work or how I should try it?

thx4help

nuukiaworld
08-11-2005, 08:08 AM
...ISO 8601 standard you've mentioned earlier. for now i will fix my Calendar to conform to the standard...I have one more suggestion to the newest Calendar.nrx: I have been wondering why I always need to scroll a little after opening the calendar to piece together the position of 'today' compared other dates. Today I find out that the problem is not the "continuous" format where the months are not explicitly separated but the fact that 'today' is always positioned at the top-most row by default.

I think that the calendar default view would be better if the 'today' is positioned to the second row instead. That way you could more easily piece together the position of today compared to the previous week and the three following ones.

You are not always looking to the future -- may be every fourth time you open the calendar for looking at the last week...! :roll:

LoMaster
09-11-2005, 12:08 PM
... i want to add some line which's station's names contain some special character like these: áéíöüóűúő

I try to add in several way these characters (in hex or in unicode format or simple with that character) but it doesn't want to work completely.
there were some char which worked(ü,ö,é) and the other didn't :( it just showed a little box :(

could somebody tell me that why don't want to work or how I should try it?
I can't help you in solving the problem :( , but:

- I have a timetable with stations names and line names in Russian, and they appear corrrectly. I even used Hebrew symbols in some place (hebrew was causing problems with some other scripts), and it also worked fine. The symbols were entered using their Unicode numbers (in \uXXXX format).

Maybe the symbols you wanted simply don't present in the font you use? :???: