PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 6200 water damaged

jd2411
25-10-2005, 04:08 AM
I have a nokia 6200 which was in swimming pool for almost half an hour. When I got out, the phone was vibrating. I dried the phone with a drier and then put in the Sun for almost 2 days, still no luck.

So, I sent the phone to Nokia service center, who sent me an estimate of $124 to fix it. Needless to say, I requested them to return the phone to me unrepaired.

Finally, I stumbled upon this website y'day and saw Mr. Chunkhead posting on how to get water damaged phone back on track. Tried exactly the way he described but of no success.

My phone is still completely dead. I believe my battery works since I put the battery in an another phone and it turns on.

What are my options apart from giving the phone to my 1 yr old to destroy. ;-)

-Paresh

electrophoretic
25-10-2005, 06:58 AM
sometimes a phone is just TO water damaged to bring back to life, we get these all the time and all we can do is scrap them!! apart from cleaning the board with alcohol and reflowing the major ICs there is nothing you can do if it is majorly damaged by liquid ie being in a swimming pool for half an hour!! i think if you try cleaning it real good and reflowing a few things and it still doesnt work then go get a new phone!! and dont go swimming with it!!!! :P

G

tulun
30-10-2005, 07:09 PM
I have a nokia 6200 which was in swimming pool for almost half an hour. When I got out, the phone was vibrating.

-Paresh

Yup...
Your phone is death. ( RIP ) :cry: "When I got out, the phone was vibrating." It means that the PCB is already grounded, no more control. Here in Malaysia, they will charge about RM350 or USD92 for checking & repairing condition like that, only for certain water damaged phone model. I suggest , go for a new phone.

Hey, instead of letting your kids rip off the phone, you can sell it for spare parts only. Here in Malaysia, some phone shopkeeper ( including me ) willing to buy damaged nokia phone, for collection or spare parts. Here is my email [email protected]

tulun
30-10-2005, 07:22 PM
Another information, the Nokia 6200 is around RM599 or USD157 here in Malaysia. So, with the repair cost that much, better get a new phone, repairing the phone, will sometimes only last for a month or two, the another problem will come.