PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 6310i keypad button not working

grumpyuncleglen
27-10-2005, 10:07 PM
Hello all !

I have recently purchased a second hand 6310i which is in excellent condition and works fine so long as I don't need to use the Nr 7 button - it is completely dead. Anyway, I've ordered a Torx T6 screwdriver with the intention of whipping the thing apart and having a prod about to see if I can fix it myself.

Can anyone offer advice on this? Any do's and don'ts? and watchoutfors ?

Thanks in anticipation

Glenn

DaveLister
27-10-2005, 10:33 PM
If you're lucky all it will need is the keypad PCB giving a good clean with something alcohol-based like isopropyl alcohol. Look for anything like a bit of moisture damage, it may have just had something like coffee or something sticky spilt on it which didn't damage anything else on the phone but just stopped that key working.

If it's a connector fault, you may never get the 7 key working as it's built into the PCB :(

electrophoretic
28-10-2005, 08:33 AM
yeah and also check the silver dome on the opposite side of the LCD, if its corroded you will either have to clean it off with a bit of steel wool or replace it... this can be repaired but you REALLY have to know what your doing!! if the unit cost a lot then it might be worth it trying to get it repaired, or if its as recent as you say then it might still be under a limited warrenty, take it back to the place you got it and see what you can do, he might replace it for you as he will have a warrenty with the unit when he bought it in the first place... sorry for the long post, and mistakes please point them out!!!

Hope this Helps

G