PDA

View Full Version : nokix: newbie question

cyb3rstorm
28-10-2005, 03:54 PM
Hi all, I just build my flash cableand I think it works quite well (at least rolis works ok). Ok now I have the flash of my 3310. Then I got Nokix with all the needed pkgz, got also the last snapshot. Now basically I've got 2 easy question:
1)Should I use Rolis to upload the patched flash to my mobile?
As I am too lazy to build a mbus cable, it is necessary to update the autorithy id even with my own patched flash??
2)Can I use whatever scripts (in the snapshot) I want to patch the 3310 flash? Is there a max number of scripts to patch due to memory constrain of sth else?

hope you spend same time to answer
regards

NokDoc
28-10-2005, 05:01 PM
Hi,

>> Should I use Rolis to upload the patched flash to my mobile?

Nop, there's more tools to read or write, although I myself prefer indeed Rolis.

>> it is necessary to update the autorithy id even with my own patched flash??

For modding (changing flashfiles) there is this DeadFaid patch.

U still have to set it one time, but all next patched & deadfaided files U will flash afterwards, doesn't have to be set anymore.

>> Can I use whatever scripts (in the snapshot) I want to patch the 3310 flash?

I bet at least 95% of the known scripts are based and/ or tested upon 3310, it's the most common type used.

So no worry bout that issue, if U ever might get stuck, I'm convinced there's always someone around here at the forum to help U with a solution.

>> As I am too lazy to build a mbus cable.

Being lazy sounds so sad to use as an excuse.

Unless U're living in the middle of the desert and it will take U a 2 days camel ride to get to a place where U could buy one. :)

For me such cable would cost me about 8 to 10 euros, and I had to have one anyway to get a connector to attach to my also home made flasher plug.

And besides the faid command, U can do lots of other things with it too.

Good luck and lots of fun on Ur experiments. :)

NokDoc

cyb3rstorm
28-10-2005, 05:34 PM
thank you for your answer. Is the DeadFaid you are talking about the kill_faid_check.nrx?? I've found this in the snapshot.
About the laziness, it was a bad excuse, I admit:). Anyway I dont know if here there are some shops that sells mbus cables, and if they sell them they are overpriced, like all other cables for mobiles. Another way to get one is ebay, but the shipping cost more than the cable.

joci2000
28-10-2005, 07:20 PM
thank you for your answer. Is the DeadFaid you are talking about the kill_faid_check.nrx?? ...

yes that's it ;) and i think you should also use kill_mcu_check.nrx to avoid cs.

cyb3rstorm
31-10-2005, 05:40 PM
Thanks guys for the advices. After finished building my datcable (I like the "do-it-yourself" philosophy) , I patched the firmware with NokiX and flashed it succesfully to my mobile. You have done a very good job with NokiX, maybe when I will clear out my doubt I will contribute to some scripts.

Watching some script helps i have read:

Access settings menu with following definition: vibra_power

and

Configure with following definitions:
fade_leds/in (speed of turning on)
fade_leds/out (speed of turning off)

I haven't undestood what are these "definitions" and how to modify it. Are them parameter to assign to a script or some variables that can be changed with the mobile?

macg
03-11-2005, 11:27 AM
Hi!
This "definitions" you have to add to the menu structure, without this you can't use this added functions :) Read write_mine_menu.nrx, it explains to you how to add.

.... sorry for my englis 8-)

LoMaster
04-11-2005, 09:40 PM
... Read write_mine_menu.nrx...
As Yak wrote, the write_main_menu.nrx script is now obsolete (although it still works). You should use write_menu.nrx instead.

As for "definitions" (in addition to what macg wrote and to what is written in write_menu.nrx):

1. Dump your phone's menu to a text file using the dump_menu.nrx script.
2. Now you can open this file in any text editor (Notepad is quite enough) and add new menu entries anywhere in the menu. Just write:

@item def=definition_given_by_script
For example: a part of my Nokia 3310's menu with sms_counter.nrx added to "Messages" menu (the added strings are highlighted):

# Messages
@item title=994 anim=0x14 action=0x3E msg=0x387
@menu dispmode=0x80 ptr=0x30E348
@header action=0xD flags=0x1

# Write~messages
@item title=1127 flags=0x4 msg=0x5E0 arg=0x21

# Inbox
@item title=1107 msg=0x5E0 arg=0x1E

# Outbox
@item title=1138 msg=0x5E0 arg=0x1D

# Picture messages
@item title=646 msg=0x5E0 arg=0x8F

# Templates
@item title=1179 msg=0x5E0 arg=0x9A

# Smileys
@item title=190 msg=0x5E0 arg=0x9D

# Message settings
@item title=1137 msg=0x5E0 arg=0x23

# Info~service
@item title=423 flags=0x8 msg=0x5E0 arg=0x29

# Voice~mailbox~number
@item title=1343 flags=0x4 msg=0x5E0 arg=0x2D

# Service~command~editor
@item title=1323 flags=0x4 msg=0x5E0 arg=0x27

# SMS counter
@item def=sms_counter

# Erase messages
@item title=1131 msg=0x5E0 arg=0xA0

# Messages
@end
Hope this helps.

cyb3rstorm
05-11-2005, 09:50 AM
ya, now is clear! Thank you for your precious help. I've missed to take a look at the example in the NokiX package before asking.
regards