PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 6230i Faulty?

Jezclayton
30-10-2005, 05:05 PM
I sometimes find my 6230i locks up and won't respond to any key functions. Other times it just constantly turns on and off repeatedly. It has already been in for repair once (4 weeks). Is there a known problem with this phone? I am using the phone as supplied (original memory card etc.). Can't tell what flash version I have as the keypad won't respond and the phone is again just cycling on and off.

Finally, this phone was taken as an upgrade. Do I have any right to demand a replacement as it has already been in for repair once.

Many thanks for your help.

EdgeCrusher
30-10-2005, 07:34 PM
Sounds like a fauly phone indeed. I'd say that, if the handset is under the warranty, take it there.

If we assume that the service that the phone took was your provider' tech support, then you can call them and inform that the phone has been already four weeks for repair, and it keeps failing, and a failing phone is useless for you. As a customer, you have the right to demand a working device.

Best regards
Edge

Jezclayton
30-10-2005, 09:15 PM
Thanks for your thoughts Edgecrusher (you a Monster Truck or something). I'm not a phone techie :???: , just want the thing to work and get fed up with being fobbed off by the Carphone Warehouse "all we can do is send it for repair" thing.

I suspect a confrontation may be looming as tact isn't my best asset (Gordon Ramsey fan, know what I mean! :roll:

bains
04-11-2006, 09:37 PM
I have exactly the same problem and it has been in for repair. It came back all singing and dancing for 2 weeks and bam! Back to the same problem, now the spooky thing is, where did I get this phone from and who is fobbing me off? You got it carphone warehouse.

My question is can I go direct to Nokia with this problem? It is still under warranty and if so how do I go about it. Thanks in advance with this.

electrophoretic
06-11-2006, 09:43 PM
go onto the nokia site and search for your nearest service centre!!

G