PDA

View Full Version : SMS program that let you choose sender's number

GeeZuZz
22-10-2002, 11:28 PM
I downloaded a program to my Palm, which was suppose to let me send SMS (via IR -> phone with IR), where i could choose the sender's phone number!

Unfortunately the program didn't work (because i have too old OS on my Palm i think).

Do any of you know any programs on PC with this ability? since it is possible on palm, it should be possible on PC to.

the palm program sends the message to the phone via IR, than the phone forward it via it's modem.

here is the URL to the palm program (source code is there too)

Iccang
23-10-2002, 12:56 AM
I need too that software. It's cool if we can change the sender, :D

thrillpillz
23-10-2002, 08:12 AM
whats the url?

Evil Neo
23-10-2002, 09:13 AM
i think SmartSMS do the same thing

thrillpillz
23-10-2002, 01:25 PM
no i dont think its the same thing, smartsms uses a dial-up smsc number. what we're talking about is a normal mobile smsc using a nokia handset.

slikmik
23-10-2002, 03:14 PM
Sounds cool!!!!

Geezuz post it mate - where url?????? Please?????

I have latest palm OS on my palm m515 :D

Mike

GeeZuZz
23-10-2002, 08:04 PM
Oh, i'm really sorry. forgot the URL:

http://palm.freshmeat.net/projects/smsspoof/

slikmik: how is palm m515? I think i'll buy that one, but it is a little expensive... :(

Do you like it? Is it anything negative to mention? Was it worth the money?

I have this old IIIe, and the OS can't even be upgraded...

I have found one PC program, but it needs a modem. I was looking for something that can use the modem in my phone...

Evil Neo
23-10-2002, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by thrillpillz
no i dont think its the same thing, smartsms uses a dial-up smsc number. what we're talking about is a normal mobile smsc using a nokia handset.

i meen you can choose the sender namber

slikmik
23-10-2002, 11:32 PM
Yep palm m515 is VERY nice, i had the first ever COLOUR palm a couple of years ago the Palm IIIc it was nice but only 256colours and 8mb

palm m515 has 16mb and 32bit display (i think)

only prob res is low - 160x160

My mate - Mrbig4545 in fact has a sony clie - its got 320x320 and although i personally done like the look its VERY nice aswell

So thats my opinion - soz off topic wont hapen again ;)

Mike

GeeZuZz
24-10-2002, 12:26 AM
Cool :)

But have you tested the program? does it work?

slikmik
24-10-2002, 12:32 AM
Okay not easy to get sorted but yes it works as in once u got international prefixes and no "+" it gets a carrier signal for the swedish smsc number and sends message, not actually receievd it yet tho.... will post when/if i do get it

only downside is you smsc has to support UCP or something and only a short list of foreign ones do - so its like 40p a message!!!

and i spent like £3 experimentin :(

Oh well it'll be worth it if it works :D
God the fun....

Mike

thrillpillz
24-10-2002, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by slikmik
Okay not easy to get sorted but yes it works as in once u got international prefixes and no "+" it gets a carrier signal for the swedish smsc number and sends message, not actually receievd it yet tho.... will post when/if i do get it

only downside is you smsc has to support UCP or something and only a short list of foreign ones do - so its like 40p a message!!!

and i spent like £3 experimentin :(

Oh well it'll be worth it if it works :D
God the fun....

Mike

how is the connection established to the smsc? using the mobile phone network or via dialup through a modem?

slikmik
24-10-2002, 12:50 PM
Hiya

U just enter the data on palm like senders number, recipient number, message, smsc number in international format (0044 - for UK)

Then when u click send it via infrared dials up that smsc number on your palm, then when it has a carrier signal sends data like the numbers and message and then disconnects

Havent recieved that message yet :(

Will try again later

Mike

thrillpillz
24-10-2002, 01:37 PM
oh..
then its working like smartsms :)

basically, you need a sms routing server which supports from$ fields, most dont.

If the smsc; gateways dont support then it could be possible to modify the header of the sms itself and send it...i will try to work on solution but not until 3 weeks exams finish then.

i believe the answer would be very much like the way i can modify the smsc used display.

i might post a vb example soon.

GeeZuZz
24-10-2002, 02:51 PM
Cool. I suppose it should work for me, because the guy who made the program is from Norway, and tested on the operator i use. Have you tried to use your operators default SMSC's?

I just need a new palm to test it on! :(

nonu_don
09-01-2003, 05:42 PM
any one finds a version for sms spoof windows, plz do tell us

Naman