PDA

View Full Version : 7650 sim card reader wanted

danfixit99
07-11-2005, 07:10 AM
I have a 7650 slider phone am are looking for a original sim card reader that slots in behind the camera with pins onto the pcb. My phone is in average condition apart from a sticky on/off switch. Has all my numbers on phone memory, I know how much a new one is but since I bought a new 6610i, i just need some numbers off it. It keeps on starting up saying insert sim card.
So if anyone out there has a damaged 7650 with a good sim card reader plz post. I can pay via paypal or direct deposit (Australian Dollars). :D

danfixit99
08-11-2005, 08:32 AM
Sorry to close this request so soon, had some time on my hands and fixed it.
I had initially tried to convert a conventional click down and fold out sim card reader/holder,(such as a 7250) twice with no joy. Then I found on of my first phones a 5110? I think that was the model. I desoldered the sim reading pins off the 5110 pcb ,pryed the reader off the pcb then soldered the sim reading pins directly onto the 7650 pcb carefullly with minimum solder. The slots lined up unlike the 7250 type. There was some free space within the sim card slot once within camera assembly so I destructed a 7250's folding sim reader/holder by removing the pivoted section. Then placing the sim card in the 7250 holder and inserting behind the camera then onto the pcb reassemby proved that it works for calls sms, some browser probs but I'll check settings.
Thankyou for viewing, admin may copy this to repair threads