PDA

View Full Version : any technical comments for stolen/lost phone

sivaprasad
19-11-2005, 06:31 AM
respected admin and members,
i am requesting to start new topic i.e.. stolen or lost phone imei numbers seperate icone like nokia,motorola,siemens,etc..

i think this forum will guide us to develope and implement new ideas to utilise and use new technology advantages,advanced softwares to help those who lost or stolen phones.

1-my costomer nokia 6600 lost at hotel with sim card on last week its imei no-<REMOVED>

2-my friend samsung d600 stolen from car

3-my nokia 6600 stolen with 1gb card and simcard

please comments on this topics
my comment-i think we can find stolen or lost phone if the phone is useing any gsm network if we know imei further details next week

electrophoretic
11-12-2005, 10:35 PM
i dont think so you would need to be working at the network the phone is operating on... I am in the UK so if i lost a phone operating on O2 UK then i would have to be a worker at O2 UK with access to the list of what IMEIs are operating in all the Cells accross the UK.

The Police can request this from the Networks, to find your last known or approximate position... but only if your reported missing, as far as i know... If your going to go to all that trouble you can just get the phone blocked!!

I would like to keep this thread going for a couple more posts though so if anyone here works for a Network then lets hear your thoughts!!! Or anyone clued up on GSM then please post a thought...

G

tomo-ken
06-01-2006, 01:45 AM
i know there is websites that track phones but im not sure if it does it by imei or by the phone number but i would think it is by phone number

people are selling this on ebay and last time i came across it , it wa 50p a search and that gave you the location within 2 streets in built up areas or you can google for it and probably find it for free.

Frozenice
04-01-2007, 06:12 AM
well if got your phone stolen or lost it , better get it blocked. visit your network provider bring some supporting documents to prove that certain imei of a certain phone is yours. well, getting the phone back into your hands is 10% a chance. i think i made a point here somehow:grin:

subway999
05-01-2007, 01:09 AM
Phone IMEI blocking is very good for companies like Nokia and Motorola and your local phone dealer coz they can sell you a new phone and it doesnt require any effort from the authorities to implement as a phone can be barred by a machine!

Instead of barring a phone, I think an alarm should be activited whenever you try to switch the phone on when the phone is reported lost/stolen , this would be suitabley embarrasing for the "new" owner of the handset!

bobski
05-01-2007, 10:00 PM
Phone IMEI blocking is very good for companies like Nokia and Motorola and your local phone dealer coz they can sell you a new phone and it doesnt require any effort from the authorities to implement as a phone can be barred by a machine!

Instead of barring a phone, I think an alarm should be activited whenever you try to switch the phone on when the phone is reported lost/stolen , this would be suitabley embarrasing for the "new" owner of the handset!

Embarrasing and far easier to correct than changing the IMEI of most modern handsets.

07-11-2008, 05:44 AM
I know people that are the opposite. I tried to set my girlfriend up with WoW one day (I've tried a few times, but this was the first). She picked human, figured out the controls relatively quickly, and soon grabbed Wolves Across the Border. And stopped. world of warcraft gold (http://www.oofay.com/)"Why do I want to kill the wolves?" she asked. "They didn't do anything to me.wow gold And they're clearly not dangerous -- look, cheap wow gold (http://www.oofay.com/)there's one standing there. world of warcraft gold (http://www.oofay.com/)It's friendly." buy wow gold (http://www.oofay.com/)I tried to explain that the reason to kill the wolves is because that's what the quest is for, and you want to do the quests, but she wasn't having any of it. We ended up playing hide-and-seek around the abbey for a while before she got tired of my nagging her and logged off. Maybe she would like Second Life better. She wasn't motivated by the goal of the quest, because it had nothing to do with her and her character's story.。