PDA

View Full Version : Fake SMS messages

lempacks
19-12-2005, 10:37 AM
Hello all. Just want to know if there still exist a program for SMS that will send fake SMS: SMS messages which simply recieved by the recipient and then disappears instantly. Making the user wonder why his/her phone alerts/rings since no messages where recieved.

If anyone knows about this stuff. Just wanna ask if it is possible to build a script for NokiX.. :-D

P>S.
calling all brilliant NokiX scripters... ;-)

spaceimpact33
19-12-2005, 01:44 PM
This is kind of pointless as this would require both phones to be running patched software (The person would already know that you have tampered with there phone in the 1st place if they did not this would be highly im-probable that you managed to patch there phone with out them knowing). BTW: This question really does belong in the nokix requests/ideas thread.

Regards

mestrini
19-12-2005, 03:29 PM
Do you know "send flash SMS" script by YAK?

it sends class 0 SMS that have no sender number if message isn't received by Nokia phone (at least yak claims it)

send_flash_sms.nrx Version 1.0
------------------ Copyright (c) 2005 [Yak]

You probably know what "NewsFlash SMS" is (also known as Class 0 SMS).
Yes, it's a special type of an SMS message that, when received, isn't
stored in the memory but instead immediately displayed on phone's screen.
Till now, such a message could only be sent using F/MBus cable and some
special software. With this patch you will be able to send them using
just your phone :).

Simply add this script to the processing list. After patching you will
find "Send as flash" option just below the original "Send" option when
writing a message.

Note. If you receive such a message using Nokia phone, it will show you
the phone number of the sender normally. You can even force the phone to
save the message (to the SIM card or phones memory). But on other phones
like SonyEricsson or Siemens, the number of the sender isn't presented to
the user! Imagine how you can use that ]:>

cheers :-D

mestrini
19-12-2005, 04:25 PM
Logo Manager has an option to send Flash Messages to any type of phone

that's not the purpose in a developers section...

EdgeCrusher
19-12-2005, 05:45 PM
Logo Manager has an option to send Flash Messages to any type of phone

Mr. subway999, If you had taken five seconds to read what Yak wrote you would have realized that this was already stated

Quoting Yak:

"Till now, such a message could only be sent using F/MBus cable and some
special software."

Read before posting next time... besides that, this is developers section...

Best regards
Edge

lempacks
21-12-2005, 08:50 AM
Hello all.
I just wanna know if some of you knows about my first post. Coz' last 2003 i found a program that sends a fake SMS. Since my harddisk is busted, i couldnt find such a program now in the net. Pls., if some body knows about this sfuff. Pls dont hesitate to post here and much better a script for NokiX... :-P Thanx all & Merry Xmas for all of us DCT-3 fanatics...

deadspot
21-12-2005, 09:34 AM
wow very adv. modz that time....i think ur talking about hidden # when sending text this method is from service provider...

dvirus666
21-12-2005, 04:05 PM
@ lempacks:
I am not sure what program you are talking about but txt2gsm and smartsms will both let you send messages from your PC to any network. With these you can set it to display from any number you wish.
But then this would not be fake just annonymous.

lempacks
21-12-2005, 07:16 PM
I am not sure what program you are talking about but txt2gsm and smartsms will both let you send messages from your PC to any network. With these you can set it to display from any number you wish.
But then this would not be fake just annonymous.

Hi. I'm not talking about a fake SMS which came from an anonymous sender or number. What im talking is an SMS which makes a recipient's phone rings or alerts even though no message has been recieved from the recipients phone. Sort of a fake SMS actually... 8-)
The operation is somewhat the same of a Viruz script from NokiX which is also an SMS that u send to a recipient.

Does any one of u knows about this stuff? Coz' in the past 2 years, i got that program here in nokiafree.org. Anyone? or shall we call the Gurus, e.i. Nokdoc or g3gg0? or maybe Yak. :-D

mestrini
22-12-2005, 02:43 AM
this might not be a complete solution but you can always patch the script yak wrote and send an empty NewsFlash SMS.

If you send it to a non-Nokia, the screen will become blank (empty message) and no sender will be available ;)

hope it helps

deadspot
22-12-2005, 08:35 AM

it sends class 0 SMS that have no sender number if message isn't received by Nokia phone (at least yak claims it)

tested to nokia phone but the # still appeared,but when checking to inbox it will not saved.

newknaber
23-12-2005, 02:02 AM
i know what lempacks is talking about. it is called void sms causes the receiving phone to signal the message tone/vibration without any message actually received in the phone. this is the program and it has these option.

lempacks
23-12-2005, 08:29 AM
@newknaber

Thank you very much for that nice reply. At last someone knew what im talking about.. Now i remember the name of the program, PanuWorld.. Such a nice progy. Anyway, thanx again very much... :grin:
Now i can send some void SMS. Hehehehe.... :razz: (some fake SMS ey..) Hahahah....

Can anyone share how this was done? So that some guyz has to code this to NokiX..

Thnx.

yak
28-12-2005, 12:28 AM
Yes, void SMSes could be added to send_flash_sms.nrx script. We would need to take a look into linux gammu tool sources which also can send such messages using phone connected to pc. Maybe I'll do it when I find some free time :D.

icecoldbaby.
28-12-2005, 12:41 AM
Yes, void SMSes could be added to send_flash_sms.nrx script. We would need to take a look into linux gammu tool sources which also can send such messages using phone connected to pc. Maybe I'll do it when I find some free time :D.

Yak - is it possible to do a script so when sending a sms you could make it come from any number you wanted????

deadspot
28-12-2005, 04:38 AM

send_flash_sms.nrx Version 1.0
------------------ Copyright (c) 2005 [Yak]

You probably know what "NewsFlash SMS" is (also known as Class 0 SMS).
Yes, it's a special type of an SMS message that, when received, isn't
stored in the memory but instead immediately displayed on phone's screen.
Till now, such a message could only be sent using F/MBus cable and some
special software. With this patch you will be able to send them using
just your phone :).

Simply add this script to the processing list. After patching you will
find "Send as flash" option just below the original "Send" option when
writing a message.

Note. If you receive such a message using Nokia phone, it will show you
the phone number of the sender normally. You can even force the phone to
save the message (to the SIM card or phones memory). But on other phones
like SonyEricsson or Siemens, the number of the sender isn't presented to
the user! Imagine how you can use that ]:>

cheers :-D

Is this common to bussiness card sending????

lempacks
28-12-2005, 09:31 AM

Thanx Yak! Hope to have that script soon... :D Thnx also for ur new NokiX. Now we could have more exciting new scripts to come.. Happy new year to us all!! :P

nuukiaworld
31-12-2005, 02:33 PM
As far as I remember, PanuWorld FLASHMSG creates the void messages by including both ON and OFF commands for one of the icons (voice, email, fax) in the UDH of the same message. FLASHMSG uses the following PDU for void messages:

+CMGL: 13,3,147
079153588077011171FF0081001BA98B080102020101020200005400680069007300200022007600
6F006900640020006D00650073007300610067006500220020007300690067006E0061006C007300
200066006F0072002000610020006E006500770020006D0065007300730061006700650020006100
6E006400200064006900730061007000700065006100720073002E0020002000200020
(everything after 0054 is just text that is visible when the void message is saved in the Outbox for later use)

I don't know how gammu does its void messages but it may be the same because FLASHMSG's void messages are probably the first in the world (at least I invented them by myself when playing with the well-know voice, email, fax icons).

At least with 6110, no patch is not absolutely necessary -- just use FLASHMSG to store a void message into Outbox and then forward it whenever you like with the standard forwarding option. (Disclaimer: I found an old note that says that forwarding void messages may not work with all phones.)

For best compatibility, use the final version of FLASHMSG (from Oct 2002), which can be downloaded at: www.panuworld.net/nuukiaworld/download/flashmsg/ (http://www.panuworld.net/nuukiaworld/download/flashmsg/)

NokDoc
31-12-2005, 03:33 PM
Hi,

>> at least yak claims it
>> are probably the first in the world
>> least I invented them by myself

Not progressive, stuff U talk about is nothing special, no virus but a legal implemented option inside the sms specifications.

>> or shall we call the Gurus, e.i. Nokdoc or g3gg0? or maybe Yak.

Train Urself, when knowing the specs U're best prepared of it's possibilities.

Now I'm waiting for he who finds out how to use sms data coding and/ or send hidden texts... :grin:

NokDoc

icecoldbaby.
02-01-2006, 01:42 PM
If you knew what you were doing, could you make a script so that when sending an sms rather than coming from your number you could make it come from someone elses number????

is that possible???

NokDoc
02-01-2006, 05:21 PM
could you make a script so that when sending an sms rather than coming from your number you could make it come from someone elses number????

Hi,

Nop, U can't from Ur phone.

Since U not send the sms to the receiver, U send it to Ur provider.

And Ur provider send (forward) it to the number U have described as receiver inside Ur sms headers.

What the receiver will see in his/ her phone, depends on what Ur provider decided to use as the sender.

NokDoc

icecoldbaby.
02-01-2006, 06:36 PM
Hi,

Nop, U can't from Ur phone.

Since U not send the sms to the receiver, U send it to Ur provider.

And Ur provider send (forward) it to the number U have described as receiver inside Ur sms headers.

What the receiver will see in his/ her phone, depends on what Ur provider decided to use as the sender.

NokDoc

But what if you were to change the number that was sent to the service provider. Then that would change the number they send to the receiver, wouldnt it????

slash666
05-01-2006, 09:24 PM
Hi,

I just tried flash sms today, now i worked out how to use nokix:)

As said, on nokias it shows the sender number, but also on some of the newer sony ericssons k750 etc. Motoralas and a pda style phone were both confused however!!

NokDoc
06-01-2006, 05:36 PM
Hi,

>> But what if you were to change the number that was sent to the service provider?

Then it would work, it would use this new number which isn't Ur original one.

Unfortunately, U are not able to change Ur own number and still connect to Ur own providers account.

>> on nokias it "shows" the sender number...

Sms's always have headers, only whetter U can see it's data depends on how the phones software handles it.

And in that 'gap', U could misabuse legal options which U guys consider as virus, like blinking text sms, or virus sms.

Think about how a vcard works, the visit card.

When u send one from a Nokia to an older other type phone, it will not recognise it and just show U the sms as if it was a normal text.

However when U send it to a Nokia it is being handled as a special type sms, and U will never be able to store it as a regular text sms to Ur inbox.

This since Nokia added a sort of script interpretation to textual part of sms's.

Funny thing bout vcards is that the header for these types sms's are fully identical to a regular texts sms, the only real difference is inside the user part of the sms itself.

So what U refer to as a virus sometimes is in fact just an addition, weakness or bug in the phones software while the phone is not able to interpretate the whole sms protocols/ specifications properly.

That's why changing/ modding the sms from inside a phone would never be an option, it's already complete, tools via mbus like gammu/ logomanager/ flash sms etc. already can send any type of sms U would like to send.

NokDoc

mudy1
15-01-2006, 02:17 PM
Dear Lempacks
i have seen such a program, it also send msgs wich activate's the fax and voice mail on the victims phone
when i get to egypt after 25th jan, i'll upload it into this thread
cheers :)

mudy1
15-01-2006, 02:53 PM
i saw similar app on Nuukia world's site
here is it: http://www.panuworld.net/nuukiaworld/download/flashmsg/index.htm

lempacks
17-01-2006, 03:21 PM
i saw similar app on Nuukia world's site
here is it: http://www.panuworld.net/nuukiaworld/download/flashmsg/index.htm

hi, thanx for the info. but i already got the program last december. Please read previous post. Anyway thanx. :)