PDA

View Full Version : Unlocking nokia 5180i tracfone to use on Net10???

Notsonu
21-12-2005, 09:13 PM
Hello all!
I'm new here, so please go easy on me. I have done quite alot of reading here and I have a question, that I can't seem to find the answer to. :-? I have a nokia 5180ip tracfone, and I am sure you all have heard of Net10, which is a tracfone company. anyway..... I am paying top dollar for tracfone cards when Net10 offers 10 cents a minute anytime no roaming or long distance fees. so what I want to know is if there is anyway to unlock my nokia 5180ip and use it on the Net10 network, so I can buy their cards, (much cheaper! than tracfone) Net10 $30 for 300 mins. Tracfone $29.99 for 100 mins. You see what I mean? I was at a local Kmart store today and they are selling the Tracfone phones and the Net10 phones side by side and they are identical, except for the motorola v171. the other kicker is that the tracfone phones are cheaper than the Net10 phones though.....go figure... so I just figured there has to be a way to use a tracfone on the net10 network???? :roll: any help here would be greatly appreciated!
thanks
ps. please feel free to move this post if needed, not sure if I am in the right forum on this one or not.