IMEI
22-12-2005, 03:40 PM
Good evening all.
I would like to mess around on some old DCT3 phones, basicly just tinkering as I love doing with anything electronical.
Unfortunetly I am on a laptop that has no serial or even parallel ports. Only USB.
When I mean tinkering I mean i would like to download / upload modded eeproms, firmwares etc. Mess with IMEI's and such (I fully understand the current legal stance on IMEI changing and any such information shared with me will be only used strictly on a 'proof of concept' purpose!)
Now back to my original point, can I get one of these USB data cables and hope to do everything(including the above points) I can with the Serial type? are there any special requirments I should be looking out for? also any decent UK suppliers?
To my knowledge the USB ones just 'emulate' a com port and thats that. So as far as the software goes it should be the same.
Though I must admit I am not fully clued up on this so thats where you lot come in :-D ;-)
Many thanks for taking the time.
Regards.
IMEI
I would like to mess around on some old DCT3 phones, basicly just tinkering as I love doing with anything electronical.
Unfortunetly I am on a laptop that has no serial or even parallel ports. Only USB.
When I mean tinkering I mean i would like to download / upload modded eeproms, firmwares etc. Mess with IMEI's and such (I fully understand the current legal stance on IMEI changing and any such information shared with me will be only used strictly on a 'proof of concept' purpose!)
Now back to my original point, can I get one of these USB data cables and hope to do everything(including the above points) I can with the Serial type? are there any special requirments I should be looking out for? also any decent UK suppliers?
To my knowledge the USB ones just 'emulate' a com port and thats that. So as far as the software goes it should be the same.
Though I must admit I am not fully clued up on this so thats where you lot come in :-D ;-)
Many thanks for taking the time.
Regards.
IMEI