PDA

View Full Version : READing DCT4 mcu

lostblur
24-10-2002, 09:53 AM
this may very well be a stupid question, but is it by any chance possible to READ an MCU of a dct4 with knok22 and a flasher cable kit with the right phone attachment?

i have the dct4 flasher, but it gives no option to read those files from the phone.

if the answer is no. does anyone know of a box that CAn read the mcu? neelixii?

thanks in advance

phonedudes
25-10-2002, 06:31 AM
Dont think its a stupid question because we were wondering the same thing... You always see talk about writing the DCT4 FLASH very little mention of reading it out..

What DCT4 flasher do you have, have you actually written a flash with it and what models are you working with

PHONEDUDES :) :grin: :)

lostblur
25-10-2002, 07:51 AM
i have the WinDCT2 2.0 flasher with the dongle.

i am in US, and this one came with xx10 firmware files only so no i have not flashed anything yet (happen to know wher i could get a hold of original nokia firmware for 8390?)

I have confirmed it to be a successful unlocker, however that is not the purpose i bought it for :/

i am asking because i am wondering whether i can read an mcu from a live phone and compare it with an mcu from a dead one and see exactly what the hell did the voice recorder bug do to the phone. (i have some 'educated guess theories' but no solid proof)

by the way, i have a cd full of dct4 xx10 firmware files, including 8310 5.57 if anyone needs em...

angjh
25-10-2002, 10:49 AM
i can supply nokia original mcu and ppm, just mail me

lostblur
25-10-2002, 10:26 PM
you disabled the option to contact you via email on this board.
check your pm inbox please

Leandros
14-11-2002, 12:45 PM
hey there

maybe it would be possible if you'd have the correct bootloaders for reading your flash. there's the possibility to supply knok with other bootloaders and the correct parameters for flashing other mobiles.

best regards

wings
14-11-2002, 04:34 PM
@lostblur
First of all you cant read a dct4 phone not supported yet by no one .and about knock this is a software based for dct3 phones .

@ phonedudes
it will not read know theres no option yet on any flasher

@angjh
bad man its free all over the net and you want to provide
:D
http://napalm.all.at/nokia/flash/ppm.htm
@ Leandros

forget it
its not about bootloaders

regards

lostblur
15-11-2002, 05:36 AM
thanks wings..

but now i dont even need to..

NII :D

lostblur
15-11-2002, 05:36 AM
that was a pretty good idea,
but it didnt work, i tryed :(

Originally posted by Leandros
hey there

maybe it would be possible if you'd have the correct bootloaders for reading your flash. there's the possibility to supply knok with other bootloaders and the correct parameters for flashing other mobiles.

best regards