PDA

View Full Version : CS with Nokix and 8210w/ 5.31

slash666
04-01-2006, 05:57 PM
Hi,

Fisrt of all I am new here, and i have tried the search feature with no avail.

I have just tried to use Nokix to modilfy my phone, an 8210 with latest firmware 5.31. I have tried a few scripts, notably the led_fade and calendar scripts however they all make my phone go into contact service mode after flashing. I have tried resetting the FAID after flashing but makes little difference.

There does not appear to be any errors from nokix when applying the script, the flash file im applying it to is a mcu+ppm file. AFAIK the calender script does not require anything extra like menu dumping etc since it says it replaces/updates the current calender app in the phone.

My questions are
1) Are the scripts compatible with the later versions of the firmware eg 5.31
2) Should i be applying the script to a full mcu+ppm file or just a ppm?
3) Do the scripts affect the eeprom area and hence im not flashing the phone properly?

Any help would be greatly received.

Thankyou

mestrini
05-01-2006, 12:43 AM
to avoid firmware corruption or editing (as you did) nokia made the firmwares make some checksums and comparisons with some stored values. when things don't match the phone goes into CS (contact service)

so you have to choices after editing/patching the firmware: either fix checksums or use two scripts by yak that kill those same checksums

please go search for it since there's tons of info in the forum

cheers

slash666
05-01-2006, 02:12 PM
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!! I just wasnt using the right search keywords.

The kill_faid_check/kill_mcu_check scripts did the trick.

Once again, cheers.

NokDoc
05-01-2006, 05:34 PM
My questions are
1) Are the scripts compatible with the later versions of the firmware eg 5.31
2) Should i be applying the script to a full mcu+ppm file or just a ppm?
3) Do the scripts affect the eeprom area and hence im not flashing the phone properly?

Hi,

Welcome to modders club. ;)

1: Yes, I suggest 3310 and 8210 are the most often used types for using & designing patches.

While for other types, there's more the possibility it might work there too, in stages of difficulties.

Eg, a 6210 seems to be quite tough to modify with scripts, while a 3410 with minor adjustments in the scripts is quite workeable.

2: Always mcu+ppm, the socalled full flash, and try to avoid using eeprom.

3: Yes, some Nokix patches do restructuring in eeprom addressing tables.

This means it's best always to flash Ur own eeprom backup prior to using newly modified flash files.

nJoy flashing... ;)

NokDoc