PDA

View Full Version : UFS3 Tornado schematics.

Skater-Chris
18-01-2006, 06:57 PM
Hi everyone. Im after any schematics or component diagrams for UFS3 Tornado. I had a rogue nokia 6800 that was water damaged. After cleaning it i hooked it up to my UFS3 box to flash it. The Green power light went out and shortly after smoke came out of the box. Checking inside i can see 2 resistors that look to have been damaged. They are near the end with the LED's.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Chris.

electrophoretic
19-01-2006, 10:10 AM
unlucky son... i have never heard of anything like that happen... whenever you connect a phone to the box that is drawing MEGA current (damaged PA or UEM due to liquid damage) then the power light goes out and that should be all... no smoke!! does your box not work then i take it!!? :P

G

Skater-Chris
19-01-2006, 12:52 PM
Well it does work it just dusnt flash DCT3 Nokias. I reckon it had sumthing to do with it although i never got round to flashing a DCT3 nokia before it went up in smoke. I have a new UFS3 with HWK already in it coming from ebay. I will see if that one works and then try to fix my other UFS3.

Chris.

rathbone
19-01-2006, 07:44 PM
:o what a bad day son, may i ask u something. is your box new or u just only bought it from another person? i never experience that strange thing. if the phone is water damage, before i plug it in my box i see to it that it is not shorted. i hope this may serve you as a lesson, you should be careful of what you are doing. :razz: :razz: :razz:

electrophoretic
19-01-2006, 09:35 PM
yeah you should really get your self a power supply that has a current readout on it like a thandar... hehe... sorry to hear about your box though

G

Skater-Chris
20-01-2006, 11:12 AM
Ok thanx guys. I guess in a way its lucky that only 2 resistors look to be damaged. They are side by side and have some coating over them. Maybe the coating got burnt but the components are fine. Who knows. Im thinking the schematic for my 6800 cable may be wrong if the phone itself couldnt cause the damage.

I bought the box new off of ebay from what i later found out was an authorised dealer (it said so on support site). I contacted them on msn messenger but their english is very poor so i just decided to buy a new one with HWK already installed. Lets hope the new one doesnt follow in the same footsteps lol.

Cheers.
Chris.