PDA

View Full Version : [GAME] Bit of pipe

nuukiaworld
23-01-2006, 08:02 PM
Here you are: my first own NokiX-based game application. It is the return of game called "Bit of pipe". Bit of pipe is a puzzle-type game, which was originally published as a program listing for Commodore 64 in a major Finnish home computing magazine in May 1989.

My beta tester is addicted to play it even the version 1.00 is already out (the sound effects tell me that she is even now playing it :P ).

Download Bit of pipe for DCT-3 version 1.20 from
www.panuworld.net/nuukiaworld/download/nokix (http://www.panuworld.net/nuukiaworld/download/nokix/)

BTW. Please keep the flash footprints of your scripts small! ;) I have now 128 bytes of free flash space and I don't want to stop developing new apps and improving the old ones... :-(

NokDoc
23-01-2006, 08:19 PM
Hi,

I myself not into games or Nokix so much, but admit these things U make all looks pretty cool.

Also this one.

Thanks for keep the modding scene alive.

NokDoc

joci2000
23-01-2006, 09:55 PM
:-o

Amazing script again thx very much.

to save a little space may be you can delete some languages ringtones, t9 dictionary if you have,operators ;)

i still have more than 300Kb(on 3330) free space(i deleted all unnecesary language, ringtone, t9's) and 60K on 3310

yak
24-01-2006, 12:24 AM
What can I say? I'm so happy to see such productions! Simply AWESOME! Keep it up!

The screenshot from C64 version says "BY PANU TUOMINEN". Did you write that game for C64? :D

I like the idea of "Game number", superb!

nuukiaworld
24-01-2006, 08:08 AM
The screenshot from C64 version says "BY PANU TUOMINEN". Did you write that game for C64? :D
I like the idea of "Game number", superb!Yes, I lost my childhood by coding for Commodore all days long. The original "BoP" is the only game ever with which I have earned money. It's engine was written in machine language using a ML monitor; I had no real assembler for C64. Since then I had been thinking of rewriting the game engine in C but I had no time or a good reason to do that. But finally everything changed when I heard about NokiX... :eek:

The game number is the seed number for srand(), simple and practical. I have seen similar thing in Win3.1 game "Taipei". BTW: The game number dialog uses DF3_READ_ONLY+DF3_SHOW_CURSOR. At least on 6110 DF3_READ_ONLY has nothing to do with "read-only" (at least in an input dialog): if that flag is specified, * and # are disabled and you can enter only digits in the dialog. (Used in the "Closed user group" dialog.)

@joci2000
Thanks for the tips... As a 6110 user I have removed the extra languages already in the beginning to make advanced_calculator and memory_editor (and some minor patches) to fit in simultaneously. (Since then I have had to remove those to great scripts to get space for others...) I guess that there will not be so much space freed by removing the operators and/or ringtones. :(

So solve the problem, I am planning to mount a larger flash chip in the phone. Has anybody succeeded in that? http://nokiafree.org/forums/t78789/h/s.html

yak
24-01-2006, 02:46 PM
Ok, thanks for the tip. I will review the DF3_READ_ONLY flag again.

spaceimpact33
25-01-2006, 11:04 AM
@nuukiaworld,
Also look into the fonts contianed in the font chunk, i found that a large portion of flash space is free'd if you remove chineese characters by swaping the font chunk with a chunk containing only needed characters.
In my NHM-5 v6.33 i had about 86kb free but after removing un-needed languages and fonts i now have 295kb free. after i finish patching i have about 12kb free lol.

nuukiaworld
04-02-2006, 09:20 PM
I have updated Bit of pipe to version 1.10 (download link in the first message). The new thing is that you cannot block the fluid flow anymore by building a closed loop. If you build such loop, the "pressure" of the fluid will break it.

This changes the game so that different fields are now more equivalent: In the original Bit of pipe large scores where achieved only on such fields that allowed quick blocking of the fluid flow. Then you could build the final pipeline as long as you want without losing any fluid! – In the new version, some fluid is flowing out all the time, so you cannot build the pipeline forever. :-P

@spaceimpact33
Thanks for the help. However, in 6110 there are no other large extras than languages in the PPM. I think that 5110/6110 (NSE-1/NSE-3) (Santra/Ultra) has the smallest flash chip in the whole DCT-3 family. I hope that I can fix this on my phone with soldering iron... :wink:

nuukiaworld
19-03-2010, 09:10 PM
Finally I released (programmed already a year ago) the improvement that I was suggested to do in the "Bit of pipe": the completely new game generation (pipe shuffling) algorithm ensures that every game has at least one leak-proof solution.

You cannot anymore say that you got "an impossible pipeline" - all of 65535 different games are solvable since version 1.20. Download link above.