PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me what I'm doing wrong with my Dejan box! (I HAVE searched the forum..)

Zeus
25-10-2002, 08:01 AM
Hi, I am at my wit's end with a Dejan box I bought recently :(

I'd be eternally grateful if someone could get me up and running, because I've promised to unlock a couple of my friend's phones, and, using B-Phreak's EEprom Tools3.1, I've caused a problem on his 8210 (long story - it's in another post).

Anyway, I will post the EXACT error messages later today, but for the timebeing, can anyone suggest what might be preventing me from having success, based on the following information?:

I have gleaned as much information as I can from the following thread:

http://nokiafree.org/forums/t5665/sa14b1ba43d287c9fb6ffb6ac6b46c4de.html

I actually purchased my Dejan from the same website (Gadgets Galore) as cprafferty did ( h__p://www.gadgets-galore.net/Unlocking/unlocking.html ). Please see attached JPEG in NEXT post for a pic of the Dejan hardware I bought.

NO INSTRUCTIONS WHATSOEVER were included, and support requests have been ignored (I will NEVER EVER buy anything from Gadgets Galore again because of this!)

WinDLS 2.7 was supplied, along with Wintesla flash files, but will not even *execute* on either of my machines without immediately generating windows errors - and I mean even before it ever gets to the main program interface - it never gets that far.

Consequently, I'm using WinDLS 4.1, which I got from this thread:

http://nokiafree.org/forums/t7187/sa14b1ba43d287c9fb6ffb6ac6b46c4de.html

(thanks go to Shopping_Guide for the WinDLS4.1 'stripped' pack.)

I am using the following directory structure:

(example - don't take me literally on the Nokia flash firmware version)

c:\wintesla\nsm-1\ (actual flash files)

I am using Windows 98, although I could use Win2k with Userport if anyone thinks that would help.

My parallel port is set (in BIOS) to ECP, not Bi-directional.

All my flash files are NOT set to read-only.

Basically, I cannot successfully connect to any of my phones with the cable or the software. Am I missing something really obvious?

As I said at the beginning, I WILL post my precise error messages later in the day, when I'm on my own computer. In the meantime, I really would appreciate the thoughts of experienced Dejan box users. I AM aware that there are non Dejan-box alternatives, using a standard flasher in combination with an MBus cable, but I really want to get the Dejan Box working, for obvious reasons, including automatic FAID calculation, and not least the fact that it cost me £25.

Thankyou for your time.

_Zeus

NokiaPhreak
25-10-2002, 08:08 AM
doesn't it your dejan box come with dejan 1.05 original software?

actually i also can't have windls work, but you can try to using WinDDP 3.1/4.1, it work with dejan box too. but you need to crack it, there is already many thread discuss about the crack, search for it.

Zeus
25-10-2002, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the reply, NokiaPhreak.

No I did not receive original Dejan software - all I got was the Wintesla flash files, and a crappy 2.7 WinDLS. I am not impressed. I have also tried WinDDP (with Cyber's crack, from this forum), but regardless of whether I select DDP or Dejan, it seems unable to work either. I did alter my HDD serial, as directed. Perhaps I have not cracked WinDDP correctly, but nevertheless, I am still concerned that there may be a Dejan hardware problem. I do not know if this is a Dejan clone or if it's genuine- if you read the Gadgets Galore webpage you will see just as much information on the product as I know myself.

_Zeus

Zeus
25-10-2002, 08:16 AM
(Here's that attached JPEG I mentioned in my original post)

_Zeus

NokiaPhreak
25-10-2002, 08:23 AM
Try this dejan software it is 1.03, it should work with 1.02,1.04,1.05 dongle.

NokiaPhreak
25-10-2002, 08:25 AM
Sorry! forgot to attact the file.

Zeus
25-10-2002, 08:34 AM
Thanks mate, but it's password protected!

BTW, is this definitely for FULL flashing, including automatic FAID, or is this just for bog-standard, old style, partial-flashing flasher?

_Zeus

NokiaPhreak
25-10-2002, 08:54 AM
oh yea, the password is activate...

not sure it can be full flash or not, very seldom use..

mostly i use dejan box with WINDDP only.

Zeus
25-10-2002, 09:00 AM
Thanks a lot for your help. I'll have another go with WinDDP, but I'm not too optimistic..! :(

BTW, are there any runtimes or drivers that I've overlooked? (I'm not getting any specific messages about VB runtimes or dlls missing, but I'm just trying to narrow down what could be possibly wrong)

If you can spare the time, at some point during today, NokiaPhreak, could you possibly talk me through how you successfully installed WinDDP and your Dejan? I really appreciate the time you are/have taken to help me out.

HAS ANYBODY GOT A FULL DEJAN (i.e. one with automatic FAID calc) WORKING WITH *WinDLS*?? Talk me through installation, please, if you'd be so kind (and I mean explain it to me step-by-step, like I'm a 5yr old - assume nothing! lol)

I honestly have scoured these forums to find the answers to my questions, rather than just lazily asking cos I could't be bothered to look. Thankyou one and all for your time.

_Zeus

NokiaPhreak
25-10-2002, 10:30 AM
ERR....I change my harddisk serial by using hexeditor, and after that I remove a line which belong to winddp in win.ini file. after that i connect my dejan box into my printer port, and run winddp. when asking for registration info, i just fill in the register number which the crack file provide. and that's all.

i found that if i have scanner attact to my printer port, and if i connect the dongle at the extent out port at the scanner, winddp not able to register.

hope this help.

Zeus
25-10-2002, 11:03 AM
Ahh! what's all this about editing a "win.ini" file? :)

_Zeus

EDIT:

I've just found a file called "ddp_box.ini" - which simply says "BOX1", when you open it. Is this the file you are referring to, or am I barking up the wrong tree?

NokiaPhreak
25-10-2002, 04:58 PM
no, if you install winddp before, there should be a line which winddp added into your \windows\win.ini file. remove that before you crack,install, and register.