PDA

View Full Version : Flashed 3310 to 6.39 - SIM refused!!!!!



Mr Wolf
26-01-2006, 11:51 AM
I tried to flash firmware version 6.39 on my 3310 (downloaded here: http://home.planet.nl/~kdoren/), but I got SIM Card refused (not accepted)!!!!!
What the hell does it mean??
However, luckly I made a backup of the original firmware 6.07 (ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP!!) and when I flashed it, the phone worked well again!
As far as I know, could it be an eeprom incompatibility? That is, I need to flash also an eeprom version 6.39?

Skater-Chris
26-01-2006, 12:15 PM
Did you do all User Interface settings after the flash? Factory Defaults, Unlock etc. Sim card not accepted usually means the phone is locked. Maybe the new firmware version relocked the phone im not sure. Its worth a go though.
Also what flasher are you using? Is it a box or cables?

Chris.

Mr Wolf
26-01-2006, 12:24 PM
Yes, I forgot to say I made a quick set faid and a reset full factory settings.
I used Rolis Flasher 4.77 and Knok95 with flasher and m2bus cables.

Skater-Chris
26-01-2006, 05:09 PM
do you have an option to unlock or initialise sim locks? Try it and then see if it accepts the sim card.

NokDoc
26-01-2006, 05:15 PM
Hi,

Flash looks ok to me, Ur problem MUST be the factory reset...

Lemme do the small steps, based upon Ur running v607 state:

1. make a complete (2MB) backup, but U already have one, so U may skip.

2. flash the new mcu & ppm (1.9MB) file to address 20.0000, the default in Rolis.

3. do a safe factory reset and set the faid with quick set faid option.

4. reboot the phone and be happy...

In my head any other fault is practically impossible.

But in case also I can be wrong, U could try to flash a socalled 'virgin eeprom flash' too, as alternative to the possible wrong working factory reset.

If u flash such new eeprom, U MUST set Ur own imei back too, prior to setting the faid.

Tools to use, but can depend on own favour: Rolis & kNok95
(see download area)

NokDoc

Mr Wolf
27-01-2006, 07:16 PM
OK! Thanks NokDoc! I tried to flash again 6.39 and now works well!

Just another question: I tried to flash a complete firmware (MCU + PPM + EEPROM) of a 3310 in another 3310, just to see what happens, if it's really possible to clone a phone, but the phone doesn't work, that is it doesn't find the field! Neither a quick set faid solved the problem!

And a "stupid" question: is it dangerous to use flasher cable and m2bus cable with SIM card inserted? Some tutorials say not to leave the SIM card inserted!

NokDoc
28-01-2006, 09:07 AM
Hi,

Yes, it is easy to clone a phone that way, it should work.

But U must be aware U clone the other imei too.

And imei is supposed to be used only by one phone at the time.

Oh, and U can leave Ur sim in, I never got it out...

NokDoc

mestrini
28-01-2006, 09:35 AM
Just another question: I tried to flash a complete firmware (MCU + PPM + EEPROM) of a 3310 in another 3310, just to see what happens, if it's really possible to clone a phone, but the phone doesn't work, that is it doesn't find the field! Neither a quick set faid solved the problem!


Some people report that two phones with same IMEI one of them doesn't pick signal (maybe in same area, connecting to same antenna) but some report having 6 phones working for large periods with same IMEI (but in this case i think in different places of the country)

cheers

NokDoc
28-01-2006, 09:59 AM
Mr. M,

If I look at socalled 'virgin eeproms', there must be 1000's double nr's around. ;)

NokDoc

mestrini
28-01-2006, 04:56 PM
but the so called virgin eeproms have blanked/FF'ed IMEI and people that usually use them know that repair IMEI procedure is necessary afterwards

Mr Wolf
29-01-2006, 01:19 PM
Yes Mestrini, the phone in which I flashed the full flash of the other 3310 doesn't pick the field, but I didn't used both them at the same time!
So, I can't understand what's wrong with it! I thought there was something else to set, set faid, etc.

I read it's possible to write the imei in a virgin eeprom, I'll try it too!

I read this discussion
http://nokiafree.org/forums/t25133/h/s.html
but the results are unknown...

However, it's too cool make experiments with flashing!