PDA

View Full Version : Free Bluetooth adaptor in return for favour

UKbluetooth
25-10-2002, 10:46 AM
Hi,

This is only going to be of interest to someone living in the North West of England. I live on the Wirral.

We are importers of bluetooth usb dongles into the UK. Basically as you may
be aware there is an industry problem with connecting Nokia phones to PC
Suite via bluetooth.

We now have a new driver for our bluetooth dongles that is supposed to work
with the new Nokia 7650 model (but not 6310) and I would like to borrow a
7650 for 24 hours to test it.

In return I will let you borrow my 6310i whilst I use your phone. And I will
give you a free usb bluetooth dongle. This is not a wind up or marketing
ploy of any kind, I just don't want to fork out nearly £300 for a phone I
won't use after the test.

If you have a couple of hours to spare then you can either test with me and
that way I won't need to borrow the phone etc.

Regards
Jason

www.bluetoothimports.com

PS. I will post the results on this newsgroup in case anyone is interested.

Dogsbelly
28-10-2002, 04:43 PM
Why dont you send the adaptor to someone with a 7650 to test it for you, because nobody will send their phone to anyone.
You could tell whoever you send the adaptor to, how to do the tests etc.

UKbluetooth
28-10-2002, 04:55 PM
Hi,

I actually got loads of offers but on a different forum. To be honest I needed to do the test myself because I can't take someone elses word on it. At the end of the day it is our reputation on the line - if we state that our new bluetooth adaptor will work with the 7650 AND PC Suite then we need to know 100% that is the case.

Also the idea of doing the test ourself is so that we can write some simple instructions and offer help to people who may struggle.

Someone is coming over to our office on Wednesday to test the phone with me so as soon as I know the results I will post them on this site. I will also come clean and admit it if it doesn't work too - I'll be totally honest! I am 80% certain it will work though.

Regards

Jason

blutac
28-10-2002, 05:27 PM
Good Luck!!!

Redwolf
02-12-2002, 03:36 AM
UKbluetooth

I noticed that your website has got the v2.0 driver , can you send me a copy or your pass to your site thru email please

[email protected]

agie109
02-12-2002, 04:47 AM
hi regarding the bluetooth adaptor, i saw the same post in another forum a couple of weeks ago, i remember seeing in the post that u mention that somebody is interested and he's bringing the phone for testing. what happened no results?

Redwolf
02-12-2002, 08:20 AM
Don't bothered. I got the v2.0 driver and it does not work with 7650 PC Suite.

v1.0.8 and v2.0 works perfectly ok with Nokia 7650 (phone) but the Bluetooth dongle is not doing anything with PC suite.

I have been doing some test with it. I think the problem appears to be that the driver for the dongle lies within the Software that comes with it (i.e. you cannot install the dongle driver seperately)

The Software is an executable and only after you have install it, Windows will detect your the ? USB device as a Bluetooth dongle.

And somehow, I think the software itself is with conflict with PC suite. Although it doesn't crash, but you need to run the software in order to communicate with 7650 (phone), or the dongle sits at the back of your PC like a Dummy

Thanks

Redwolf

waitingfor3650
03-12-2002, 01:55 AM
hope u can make it work:D