PDA

View Full Version : softwares vs. hardwares

2tz
26-03-2002, 09:04 AM
hi everyone! /n/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ive been through much of the forum and it sometimes gets confusing re: the above subject.

that is: which is which? or what is this for that?

simply, MAY I REQUEST, ABE, ICCANG, NOKDOC and other guys (more are not mentioned, I AGREE), to please kindly post which are the hardwares used for certain softwares, so that once and for all, we, the newbies in unlocking would gain additional knowledge as to whether we are doing the things right.

good if we destroy our own phones, but, someone posted "my sis going to kill me!!!" ohmigosh!!! (...that happened to me tooooooo....)

hey, thanks for the knowledge. this Forum will remain invaluable for a long, long, long, long time.....

:) bestregards!!

Yasser
26-03-2002, 12:48 PM
/n/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

NokDoc
26-03-2002, 06:55 PM
Mr.2tz,

>>ive been through much of the forum
If U really did this then U should not have this question.

If dealing with real questions just ask.

NokDoc

Abe
27-03-2002, 03:37 AM
NokDoc......you're the man;-)

Abe
27-03-2002, 03:40 AM
One more thing.......
This in NOKIA FORUM?????
For nokia only 2 data cables available arent it?????
Flash cable and mbus cable?????
Dejan flash cable and mbus cable by me work in all this projects.....
So now it is posted.....if anyone asks again like "I'VE SEARCHED THE FORUM BUT;ABE;PLEASE WHICH CABLE TO USE WITH THIS OR THAT?" i will KILL HIM!!!!!!!!!!heheheheh....regards to all especially for NEWBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!;-)

Yasser
27-03-2002, 02:28 PM
hhehhehehehhhehehehhh ...hahahahahahahha

Abe is a gansta!!!

NokDoc
27-03-2002, 02:29 PM
Hi guys.

Mr. Abe, please don't go kick asses, I absolutely didn't mean it that way.
We must love guys like him.
I think somehow Mr. 2tz has very good points, It reminds me of myself some 4 months ago.

Mr. 2tz, I didn't blame my swimming instructor for drowning, I just punished myself.

Don't forget the fact that we are not the makers of these proggies.
If U have a question about which cable to use for what proggie just ask.
That's what this Forum is about.
If asked in a nice way I'm sure there is always someone willing to give a proper answer, that's how guys are out here.

Do it this way and after some time U will be answering in same way to the new newbies too.

So welcome aboard, ask!

A.Y.C.

NokDoc

Leandros
27-03-2002, 09:45 PM
it's pain to read your posts guys.
I'm feeling sorry for you.

all of you do have a certain knowledge and I don't think that it's okay how you treat him because he doesn't know certain things and I didn't expect such intolerance from guys as you Abe.
Abe, I'm sory, but your answer doesn't give him a clue on his question in any way.

I think his question can be answered in some few words:
little introduction:
first of all it's important to know the "software-instances" of your mobile:
first of all, there's a so called MCU-area (MCU means master core unit) - here is the
main software. but this software from the MCU-area isn't sufficient, there's also a PPM-area (post programmable memory) with some information about languages, built in ringtones and logos etc. and also some data in the EEPROM (electronic erasable and programmable read only memory - that's a chip).
in newer Nokias there isn't anymore a real EEPROM but the data from it is also stored in the flash and the EEPROM is emulated for further usage (datacable access)
that leads us to your question:
if you want to manipulate data in your EEPROM (that means IMEI changing, FAID calculating and such) then you need a mbus cable (with serial connector (COM at your windows)) (also if you want to upload ringtones, graphics, netmonitor activation and such because all that takes place in the EEPROM).
if you want to do anything regarding the data not stored in the EEPROM, you have to use flasher cables, dejan cables or how ever you call them with parallel interface (LPT). you will have to do this if you want to unlock your mobile by partial flashing it or if you want to do firmware upgrades.

I hope this clearifies some things for you (I whished someone told me that such directly /n/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif)

best regards and good luck on your way at learning/finding out some things! /n/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Leandros

Abe
28-03-2002, 03:23 AM
Sorry guys......if i cannot make fun in this forum im outta here.......
I dont kill people...I WAS MAKING FUN!!!!!!!!!
Im 23 years old and i like making fun.......
So sorry if u dont understood my "heheheheheheheh" at the end of post......
As i said...if i cannot make fun here in this forum just to relax a bit im outta here........Thanx Yasser.....you're the man..........see ya.........

NokDoc
28-03-2002, 07:41 PM
Hi to all,

I want to apologise to all who feels mistreated by me at any way.

Mr. Abe and Mr. 2tz, please don't leave, never.

All nFree'rs are like brothers to me, no matter what.

== Make Nokia's, not War !!! ==

NokDoc

NokDoc
29-03-2002, 12:27 AM
Hi guys,

Very good information about cables and proggies:

http://www.gsmmagic.com/forums/showthread.php?s=2e235f8435ca3667a0389c0fd2bbd2d2&threadid=5712

NokDoc

2tz
29-03-2002, 04:28 AM
No hard feelings from me, guys!

ive posted my querry just to clear some confusing thoughts about things.

no offense is taken from the postings. im proud i got this much attention. thank you so much, NokDoc, Yasser, Abe... you guys have helped me in a bigger way, i take it with a "grain of salt".

if it was foolish of me to have posted the question, so be it.

Leandros, /n/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif))) many thanks for the info.

Nokdoc, /n/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif))) i aint leavin' this forum... this is one heck of a great place.TRUE, indeed == Make Nokia's, not War !!! ==

ABE, /n/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif))), pleaz dont kill me, man!!!, 'no?!

GOOD DAY!

:-)