PDA

View Full Version : nokia 6680 problem

Winner6
11-02-2006, 12:35 AM
Hi i dont know if this is the best place to place this thread. I am having problems with my nokia 6680. I dont know if its cos i ahve installled applications or is it a fault witht the phone. But whenever i try to goto the contacts list and select a contact and press the green call button nothing happeneds!! ic ant make calls. BUT when i manually type in a phone number i can call!! is it a virus? i ahve tried soft and Hard reset with no luck. Any ideas any one?

Skater-Chris
11-02-2006, 12:46 AM
Thats an interesting one. Maybe that part of the memory on your phone has corrupted.

I have attached a copy of the antivirus that i used on my phone. I bought my nokia 6680 for £50 cos it had the caribe virus on it. This anti irus cured it in one scan! Give it a go and see if it finds anything. Other than that i would say a software flash is in order. If your phone is under a year old (which it probably is) you should get it flashed under warranty.

Hope this helps.

Chris.

thedrill
11-02-2006, 09:57 AM
Hi i dont know if this is the best place to place this thread. I am having problems with my nokia 6680. I dont know if its cos i ahve installled applications or is it a fault witht the phone. But whenever i try to goto the contacts list and select a contact and press the green call button nothing happeneds!! ic ant make calls. BUT when i manually type in a phone number i can call!! is it a virus? i ahve tried soft and Hard reset with no luck. Any ideas any one?
Had the same problem with mine m8, if you turn the phone off and on again and try dialing out from the log, it will work, also had a problem with mine hanging with the sonic the hedghog game, which actually worked again when you opened the camera shutter door and closed it again! Took it to nokia service centre and they flashed the firmware for free and all the faults have gone away.

electrophoretic
11-02-2006, 12:47 PM
I agree... defo sounds like a software fault, especially with a 6680, new software is released all the time. Take it to a Nokia shop and get it flashed for free!!! if it doesnt work post again!!

G

Winner6
12-02-2006, 08:45 PM
i tried taking it to nokia but i bought the phone unlocked in asia while i was on holiday. Becasue it was from asia nokia wont repair it! its still underwarranty! ill try the antivirus software.

electrophoretic
13-02-2006, 08:34 AM
sorry to correct you Mr Subway mate! but recently Nokia have changed their stand on Worldwide Warranty's... turns out that if you buy a phone outside of Europe, then it will not be covered inside of Europe if you take it to a European Service Centre... so if your in the UK for example but bought your phone in Singapore then the UK Service Centres wont touch it...

UNLESS

you take your proof of purchase with you... you have to have a valid proof of purchase like an invoice... if the phone is in warranty on the warranty checker they use AND you have a valid POP then you will be able to get your phone fixed free!!!

I hope this helps you mate!!

G