PDA

View Full Version : The UNLOCKING 6630 By 3 what a JOKE

madmally
13-02-2006, 11:32 PM
I have just been on to 3 network to ask for the Wifes Nokia 6630 to be UNLOCKED. What a JOKE I was put through t INDIA :stink: And spoke to a Lady and went through all the ins and outs to be told that the 3 Network have no UNLOCKING Codes for the Nokia 6630 What do you think of that then ??????
I have read in News Groups that VODA Phone and T-Mobile can unlock the Nokia 6630's at a price So Why can 3 Not do this ????? :usuk:

Shermozle
15-02-2006, 03:52 PM
Anyone have experience getting Orange to unlock for you? I just lost my 6630 last week and before buying a replacement want to know if I'll be able to get it unlocked for when I go travelling in a bit over a month...

madmally
16-02-2006, 12:14 AM
What ever you do Dont get a G3 Mobile if you do mate it will cost you £150 to get it unlocked YES £150 The Rip off ******** :mad:

sergo_zmeia
16-02-2006, 11:09 PM
Please..next time post to the proper section..We have a BB5 section opened here...
WBR!
sergo_zmeia

madmally
17-02-2006, 10:02 PM
Hi Just had a call from G3 in Scotland this afternoon after my complaint to Ofcom. G3 have told me that THEY CAN NOT Unlock the Nokia 6630 as they are in a Dispute with Nokia and that its down to NOKIA that they CAN NOT unlock the Nokia 6630. NOKIA will not give G3 the unlock Codes until The DISPUTE is sorted.
I was told that at no time should The Indian Call-Centre in Delhi have told me the cost is £150 to unlock the nokia 6630 as they don’t even have any way to unlock the Nokia 6630 and they were wrong to say they could G3 are send me a Letter to Confirm this in writing so keep looking as I will post a copy in here. I am still continuing with my complaint with Ofcom just for the hell of it for all the other G3 owners more of us should complain to Ofcom as they were successful in getting G3 in the UK to telephone me with-in-24 hours of my first complaint.

madmally
24-02-2006, 12:20 AM
I have now got G3's English Landline number for the Executive Office in Glasgow 08707 330295 the business Hours are 9 am to 5pm

address of this office is

Executive Office
Hutchison G3 UK Limited
123 St Vincent Street
Glasgow
G2 5EA

As I have had loads of probs Trying to get to an English Office for G3 I have now got the head office for G3 as stated above and can I say its been harder to get then 10, Downing Street or Buckingham Palice.

If you have a number and an address for a the head office of any mobile Provider please add them below this could help more Forum members then you know

mestrini
24-02-2006, 02:42 AM
guys, if your last two posts are for real (subway, all those smilies got me confused :-P ) i think it's a subject that deserves its own thread in General section (sticky, of course)

@ subway999
if you whish you may start it...

cheers

THE FOX
24-02-2006, 12:23 PM
why would you ask 3 to unlock yr fone?
there are plenty of shops around who do them for around £10 to £20..

madmally
24-02-2006, 07:27 PM
why would you ask 3 to unlock yr fone?
there are plenty of shops around who do them for around £10 to £20..

I'D ALSO LIKE TO KNOW as would 1000,s of others and shops Mr Fox please let us know any of them :-?

EdgeCrusher
24-02-2006, 07:31 PM
There's no need to be sarcastic, both of you. Probably Mr. The Fox didn't see that this about a BB5 handset. Anybody can make a mistake and it's not enough reason to be sarcastic with that.

Let's be frendlier please, ok? or at least, more polite.

Best regards
Edge

NokDoc
25-02-2006, 07:08 PM
Hi Mr. Subway,

Not everyone shares Ur opinion, eg like me myself.

I suggest U were not informing this fellow member Mr. The Fox but U were asking him a sarcastic question to point out that to U it's likely people ought to know all these things.

Due to that fact, the moderator have asked U in a reasonable way not to do so, community doesn't like such behaviour.

Appearently that question didn't came through to U in a clear way, therefore I will ask U the same again:

- There's no need to be sarcastic.
- Let's be frendlier please, or at least, more polite.

And for sure that's no advice for this thread only...

NokDoc

sergo_zmeia
25-02-2006, 07:49 PM
Why are U people doing that..fighting...if we were in same room Ill be about to invate U to a fight...and Im sure Im gonna win...now as we talking..some one here need to change behaviour...RESPECT is the thing that place is basics...any comment...???

fouldsc
10-03-2006, 12:37 PM
Just got this :
---------------
Thank you for your email concerning unlocking your handset.

We currently do not have unlock codes for this model of handset. However, we are working with Nokia to implement a solution to generate these codes for our customers. We do not have a timescale as to when this implemention will be in place.

Should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Services team on 333 from your handset (free) or 08707 330 333 (national rate).

Thank you for contacting 3.
---------

Seems like they still having troubles

charmz2k4
05-04-2006, 11:47 PM
i would just like to confirm...
THREE MOBILE CAN NOW UNLOCK "SOME" NOKIA 6630'S!
Before 11 months completion, £215
After that = £15
I tried to have mine unlocked with 45 days left of the contract, and they were going to charge me 225!!!!!!!!!!
they are a rather rediculously run company and I can't believe I have actually had 4 contracts with them...
Says something for customer loyalty, huh??
Never mind, at least I can put the brick to good use after having my request to cancel the contract put through in FIFTEEN DAYS and get it unlocked at the same time ;)
xxxxxxxxxxx

Just got this :
---------------
Thank you for your email concerning unlocking your handset.

We currently do not have unlock codes for this model of handset. However, we are working with Nokia to implement a solution to generate these codes for our customers. We do not have a timescale as to when this implemention will be in place.

Should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Services team on 333 from your handset (free) or 08707 330 333 (national rate).

Thank you for contacting 3.
---------

Seems like they still having troubles

subway999
04-08-2006, 11:54 PM
i would just like to confirm...
THREE MOBILE CAN NOW UNLOCK "SOME" NOKIA 6630'S!
Before 11 months completion, £215
After that = £15
I tried to have mine unlocked with 45 days left of the contract, and they were going to charge me 225!!!!!!!!!!
they are a rather rediculously run company and I can't believe I have actually had 4 contracts with them...
Says something for customer loyalty, huh??
Never mind, at least I can put the brick to good use after having my request to cancel the contract put through in FIFTEEN DAYS and get it unlocked at the same time ;)
xxxxxxxxxxx

Ok I might slag off Orange but after a purchasing an PAYG 6630 for £89 yesterday (£69 phone) (£20 credit) within 22 hours I received my unlock code!

WOW dont know what to say for once!

Regards

S

Dear Mr S****** *********

Please find the codes and process for unlocking your Nokia handset:-

Imei - On Request

Code 1 - On Request

Important Note: Please only attempt to enter the procedure once. Should you encounter any problems please don’t hesitate to contact Orange Customer Services.

Please enter either an Orange sim card or no sim card at all

1) Press the # key

2) Press the * key 3 times – this will produce a ‘p’

3) Press the * key 4 times – this will produce a ‘w’

4) Press the * key twice – this will produce a ‘+’

5) Enter in: Code 1

6) Press the * key twice – this will produce a ‘+’

7) Press number 1 (for code 1)

8) Press the # key

9) “SIM Restriction Off” or “Phone Restriction OFF” should briefly appear on the screen and the handset will re-set itself.

Your handset has now been successfully unlocked

This e-mail (including any attachments) is intended for the above-named person(s). It is confidential and may contain legally privileged information. Any opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the company. If you receive it in error please delete it, inform the sender and do not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance upon it.

We may monitor all incoming and outgoing emails in line with current legislation. We have taken steps to ensure that this email and attachments are free from any virus, but it remains your responsibility to ensure that viruses do not adversely affect you.

Orange Personal Communications Services Limited is an English company (registered no. 2178917) with its address at St James Court, Great Park Road, Almondsbury Park, Bradley Stoke, Bristol BS32 4QJ.
Orange Retail Limited is an English company (registered no. 2439104) with its address as above.
Orange Home UK plc is an English company (registered no. 3014367) with its address at Verulam Point, Station Way, St Albans, Hertfordshire AL1 5HE.