View Full Version : How can I know a version of a flash file?
Mr Wolf
15-03-2006, 12:47 PM
If I have a flash file (fls) of a phone, how do I know for example what version is it? And if I have a complete flash file, can I know for example IMEI?
I tried to open a flash file with Nokia DCT3 flasher by Rolis, there's the open option, but it doesn't give those information!
What program should I use??
Thanks!
Hi!
Try "Nfree" it could say to you this things :-D
http://www.softgsm.pl/articles.php?lng=pl&pg=60
mestrini
15-03-2006, 02:20 PM
Hi!
Try "Nfree" it could say to you this things :-D
http://www.softgsm.pl/articles.php?lng=pl&pg=60
huhhh :???:
@Mr. Wolf
to know a version of a flash file you can use a hexeditor program and go to the addresses indicated in tables available elsewhere. or you can use a flash editor to see it displayed automatically ;) (although some models don't work)
to know the IMEI you must (once again) check the locations of the data. make a search as there are several posts/threads mentioning location of TEXT/PLAIN IMEI and xored IMEI
cheers
NokDoc
15-03-2006, 05:05 PM
Hi,
Mr. Macg meanth try nFree.exe, which indeed did show it. ;)
Anyway, these imei addresses are hardcoded, to be sure U'll have to follow the calling functions that would lead U to the correct location.
But U could also just ask me.
In all dct3 types, imei plain is at Epr Start + 0x0026 + 0x000C
The imei security (xor 65 one) can differ, in most types like 82xx/ 33xx it is at Epr Start + 0x0026 + 0x013C.
But eg for 2100 it's at Epr Start + 0x0026 + 0x015C.
All values are in Hex, and the Epr Start can differ per type or backup flash, but should be 003D.0000 or 003E.0000 in most cases.
If desired, I can post whole 2 'security eeprom' zones mappings.
Tiny remarker, for the real technicians/ modders:
The security eeprom is NOT 8 bytes long, it is 16 bytes long and includes portions of eg production date & repair counters too.
NokDoc
Mr Wolf
20-03-2006, 11:31 AM
Thanks!
It's not very practical with an hex editor indeed!
Mestrini, can you tell me the name of a flash editor?
Searching with Google, I find pages related to Nokia Free!
Mr Wolf
22-03-2006, 07:30 PM
All right, NFREE works well!
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.