PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 6280 - Urgent problem

seb_wilkins
18-03-2006, 12:15 AM
Hi, i recieved a bran new contract nokia 6280 on 3 yesterday; i took it out of the box and it charged initally fine; but when i now go to charge it it give the the error message "Unable to charge". I have tried multiple chargers that are the same for it even my n70 charger, but the moment i plug the charger in, the screen will light up and say charging and the battery charge meter with go up for 10 seconds after which it displays the "Unable to charge" error. it seems to recongise the charger is plugged in and notices when its removed; but i still can not get it to charge, does anyone have any ideas, or a link to a desktop charger. thankyou

EdgeCrusher
18-03-2006, 04:47 AM
I'd say that your best choice is to take the phone to the warranty service. If you recently received it, it shall be under warranty.

For me, it sounds as a hardware problem, but I am not expert in repairing phones. Nevertheless, the warranty service is probably the best repair service that you can get.

Best regards
Edge

electrophoretic
18-03-2006, 07:16 AM
yeah this can be any number if issues ranging from hardware (Zener Diode, Charger CTRL BGA) to software (Energy Management Calibration)

but Mr EdgeCrusher is right... take it back to the shop and get it repaired free!!!

G

seb_wilkins
18-03-2006, 10:48 AM
ok thankyou; its only two days old and i ordered it from www.mobiles.co.uk, so ill contact them about it, thanks guys