PDA

View Full Version : help with a ibook g4

naz33
30-03-2006, 02:09 AM
anybody know how to take the password off on a ibook g4

electrophoretic
30-03-2006, 07:40 PM
If its a FileVault password then you need to know the master password... or i think you can use the restore disks to run some of kind of utility... if you have a user account that you need the password for i think you can log in as the administrator or even the root account...

G

naz33
31-03-2006, 01:48 AM
not sure what you would call it don't know much about computer i know nothing about apple i only got it cause someone own me money & cause they could pay me i took it at a fav to help them but now i can't get in contact with the guy & stuck with it i won't use it so once i get the pw off iam going to sell to get sum money back where it ask for a pw is at the being at soon as it start up it come up put in name & pw as you can see i havent got a clue about any help electrophoretic would be really appreciated

subway999
31-03-2006, 05:59 PM
not sure what you would call it don't know much about computer i know nothing about apple i only got it cause someone own me money & cause they could pay me i took it at a fav to help them but now i can't get in contact with the guy & stuck with it i won't use it so once i get the pw off iam going to sell to get sum money back where it ask for a pw is at the being at soon as it start up it come up put in name & pw as you can see i havent got a clue about any help electrophoretic would be really appreciated

Why dont you ring apple for assistance?

PS To run the backup&restore disk you need the administrator password, which has been enabled on a users account, its impossible to wipe that account off!

There maybe a way of replacing the hard drive thus wiping the bootup log and starting afresh, best to check though as my knowledge is mainly on pc repair not applemac

PS picked up a powerbook power adapter for $29.99usd yesterday !

naz33
31-03-2006, 10:48 PM
what it is mate cost i got for debt & it se hand got no paperwork with it or backup&restore disk i won't beable to ring apple been trying to get on to the guy who i got it off but no joy so can i not put another os on it like on the pc or do apple not work like that iam really showing how cluelss iam on apple anybody else help me on this all i want to do with it is sell it once it done aswell :???:

subway999
01-04-2006, 12:03 AM
what it is mate cost i got for debt & it se hand got no paperwork with it or backup&restore disk i won't beable to ring apple been trying to get on to the guy who i got it off but no joy so can i not put another os on it like on the pc or do apple not work like that iam really showing how cluelss iam on apple anybody else help me on this all i want to do with it is sell it once it done aswell :???:

So you are unable to swap the hd?

naz33
01-04-2006, 03:03 AM
i don't know how to do that plus i don't want to put any money into with me selling it as soon as it going could i sell it in part & if so how much would i get (12"1 screen) don't know anymore about it than that how much would a hd cost sum one said pull out a blue battery that inside it reset it is that a load of s***

BB-gsm
01-04-2006, 10:46 PM
Dont play on Apple Laptops like that or you`ll fu(k up it !

naz33
02-04-2006, 12:09 AM
don't worry bb-gsm won't do that but still need help with it

electrophoretic
02-04-2006, 09:52 AM
Mr Subway is right... you should call Appled ans see if you can have it repaired or at least if they can help you out a little... the warranty is tied to the serial number anyway so it should be ok

G