PDA

View Full Version : problems in nokia 6630

hiero
12-04-2006, 04:08 PM
I do not know english very good but I hope someone understand it :)

I do not know what is going on but I have had insert 512 MB Kingston into my nokia 6630.
I have had install some aplications and games and and copy lots of mp3.
It works quite good but there are 2 problems:
1. video recorder is no working, it means cemara still working but if I click on the right
to switch on video recorder appears "function not allowed" and return to camera.
If I remove memory card nothing happens. Only if I remove card, turn off phone and turn on
again without memory card it works correctly. But if I put memory card video recorder does
not working again. Does not have influence what memory I use to store videos (card or phone).
I do not know when it has become because I installed many things one by one and didn't switch
video recorder at that time.

2. after installed some new stuff (of course on memory card) menu is working very slow - worse
than my old nokia 3650. Solution is similar bur nervous - take out memory card, turn of phone,
turn on phone and put card again - then works fine.

I am using Symbian for a long time so I know that system but never I had such problems, even on 3650
(I have 6630 for few days).

Anybody knows what I have to do?
Is this because of old software? (polish v 4.03.38 25-04-05).

EdgeCrusher
12-04-2006, 08:52 PM
Probably the problems are due to an old firmware. We have heard here of buggy first versions of 6630 firmware.

If the phone is still under warranty, a Nokia Service Centre should flash it with a newer firmware for free. If it's without warranty, they will charge you a fee. But a Nokia Service Centre is the best way to go, because the phone is a little tricky (e.g., if someone makes a mistake and flashes the phone with a previous version, will kill the phone).

Best regards
Edge

aparna161284
13-04-2006, 09:22 AM
[QUOTE=hiero]I do not know english very good but I hope someone understand it :)

sir, do u know how to change the background image, i mean the wallpaper in 6630?? and how do i keep a multimedia image as my screen saver?? and when the back lights are off, can i see the time in a bigger font??? please reply sir... i also want some other good themes like cartoons or any funny pictures etc., where do i go and download them from??

hiero
13-04-2006, 01:28 PM
[QUOTE=hiero]I do not know english very good but I hope someone understand it :)

sir, do u know how to change the background image, i mean the wallpaper in 6630?? and how do i keep a multimedia image as my screen saver?? and when the back lights are off, can i see the time in a bigger font??? please reply sir... i also want some other good themes like cartoons or any funny pictures etc., where do i go and download them from??

to change the background image when you see the picture click in Gallery "options" and "set as wallpaper", if you want to change all layout then you have to install some themes and turn it on.
I'm not sure if multimedia image can be set as screen saver.
I've seen some funny pictures on ngage web but I don't remember adress.