PDA

View Full Version : I think I have something for 6680

mozenrath
15-04-2006, 08:41 PM
I have this code sheet which uses the 2nd last and 4th last digit to calculate the unlock codes for Nokia 6680 locked to the 3 UK network.

Also instead of the #pw+ format, it asks to enter the code after 83#.
Does anybody have an idea about this. If you can give me ur 2nd last and 4th last digits i can provide the code to see if this works

EdgeCrusher
15-04-2006, 09:28 PM
In another thread intended to study BB5 unlocking, a lot of people posted their codes, which thei bought from their respective providers.

They all have the DCT4 format, #pw+15digitcode+1#

I don't have a BB5 phone... but since every provider supplied requested codes and they all had standard structure, I have my certain doubts about that sheet.

Best regards
Edge

ilusion
15-04-2006, 09:52 PM
I have this code sheet which uses the 2nd last and 4th last digit to calculate the unlock codes for Nokia 6680 locked to the 3 UK network.

Also instead of the #pw+ format, it asks to enter the code after 83#.
Does anybody have an idea about this. If you can give me ur 2nd last and 4th last digits i can provide the code to see if this works

Well.. Why don't you just upload your software to a free server and let us test it for you. I have a 6680 locked but i intend to find a software and unlockit myself.

mozenrath
15-04-2006, 09:55 PM
In another thread intended to study BB5 unlocking, a lot of people posted their codes, which thei bought from their respective providers.

They all have the DCT4 format, #pw+15digitcode+1#

I don't have a BB5 phone... but since every provider supplied requested codes and they all had standard structure, I have my certain doubts about that sheet.

Best regards
Edge

Well I did read those threads...but the filesheet I have is from a 3 UK rep who is a friend of mine. Its an 8 digit code. So I think its not fake. I cant put it up coz it may create problems.

electrophoretic
15-04-2006, 10:00 PM
a rep wouldnt have access to that, plus it wouldnt be on a "Sheet" it would be calc'd on request by a user and then, if i am not mistaken, they would destroy (delete) the code so noone could get a hold of it and decode the algos... thats why you cant just go through the bins at 3UK etc for the "sheets" that have customers details on them...

i think that makes sense... :-(

G

Dylf
04-05-2006, 01:47 PM
ok the only official way that the providers can generate the unlock code is on ONE box that is placed in a safe!!.

It is different from provider to provider how they then do it. Either by processing all the phones EMEI numbers and then placing them in their system, or doing it phone by phone as people requesting a unlock code.

The official unlock generators is NOT a sheet at all! It is a system that comunicates with a official nokia server to validate if the provider is allowed to do it. This process is strictly encrypted and and i rather safe.

The way that dct3 and dct4 unlock generators works is to calculate a unlock code from the parameters that also is used in the official method.

If we shall find a method to generate unluck codes to bb5 phones, start by thinking what parameteres is used. The same, the same and more or completly new set of parameteres.

hmm if I was the devoloper of the new sim lock mechanisim I will use my sugestion number 2. because:
1. There were not unlimited time to devolope this feature
2. By doing a modification only the parameters, us (the reverse engineers) will tent to think that the algurithem is compleetly new and better.

\dylf

electrophoretic
04-05-2006, 08:54 PM
start by thinking what parameteres is used. The same, the same and more or completly new set of parameteres.

excellent thinking, especially since now the unlock code uses not only the IMEI but the product code, BT Address, MAC Address, 2 different signing keys etc etc... there is a LOT more info thats run through the encyption... i thought people knew that they used these things now rather than just IMEI and such...

G

EdgeCrusher
05-05-2006, 02:09 AM
Maybe that sheet is a mastercodes list :lol:

Cheers
Edge

Dylf
05-05-2006, 09:41 AM
Hey edge

There is not such thing as a master sheet. The system is made so the only way to unlock is to use a calculator.

\dylf

EdgeCrusher
07-05-2006, 08:52 PM
Ehhh... yeah, it's called "joking". that's why the sentence ends with the ":lol:" smiley ;)

edit: by the way, whan I said "mastercode" I was referring to the security mastercode. I think that, besides not getting the joke, you understood I meant something like an unlocking mastercode ;)

Best regards
Edge

Dylf
09-05-2006, 07:42 AM
Yes I didn't get it... :-P but anyway, do anyone have any idea about if any other forum is further in the process of making a calculator. Please post links with other forums.

\dylf

electrophoretic
09-05-2006, 09:35 PM
nah your alright... i would rather keep the discussion going on this forum, its better for our community...

where are we so far... like i say i dont think the answer will come in the form of a calc, i think a firmware patch is the way forward

if we can patch an unlocked certificate over the original certificate and then disable the watchdog, then i think that will work... as you can see, the software disables the watchdog after checking the Certificate, if we can keep the watchdog off altogether then phone should check the certificate, see its an unlocked phone and stay powered on!! while using any SIM...

the only thing is, where is this Certificate in the phone and also where do we switch the watchdog off!!? i dont know enough about reversing to try and find out, otherwise i would!!

does anyone else think that my idea has a chance of working? if not then explain!!

G

EdgeCrusher
09-05-2006, 11:25 PM
Off topic comment, but I remembered the Watchdog is in DCT4 phones for imei checking, but it's not activated in all models and not in every phone of every model. I don't really know the pattern to find out which models have the Watchdog activated for UEM... but this time, in BB5, the Watchdog seems to have a significant role in security.

Cheers
Edge

set
10-05-2006, 05:01 PM
Hi,
Just a thought.
I think watchdog in bb5 fones is already incorporated somewhere within the UEM chip. Since UEM manages most of the DSP signals, then we would have trouble finding it in PCB( Like in SE fones ). Gez were stuck in searchin through hardcoded certificate locations.. Ouch :)

nadya
11-05-2006, 03:39 AM
if your phone, locked in f****n provider (but provider only from UK) i can unlock it!!! i have a calculator for all BB5 phones. only locked in UK.
u can write me on email removed
u must to write down your phone model, imei, and provider, and i will send u back 3 codes, and only u mast to do for me replay me on my mail, and say is it ok or no.
OK? : :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

electrophoretic
11-05-2006, 06:11 AM
a bb5 calc? i am publicly calling you a liar sir...

G

elnino123
11-05-2006, 09:14 AM
Opinion seconded!

Mamber
11-05-2006, 05:17 PM
@nadya

Here is a little challenge for you on behalf of the Forum!

If you can show us the unlock code for this 6680 then we may just believe you have a calculator that unlocks bb5 phones!!!!

To make life easy for you I have provided PART of the unlock given to me by Vodafone UK.

You are more than welcome to print the results here on the forum if the mods agree, as perhaps we can put this one to rest without you passing on false codes?

Phone: Nokia 6680
Prov: Vodafone UK
IMEI: 357617008583460
Code: #pw+2109091********+*#

The trouble is there are so many people who claim to be so clever they can unlock any bb5 phone, it just does not ever come true.

If this one works I will then give you another 6680 IMEI number, which I also have just had unlocked from 3g.

Hope everyone agrees?

Here is your chance to prove your calc. :grin:

HIjet
11-05-2006, 06:27 PM
@nadya
mods i do not mind my imei no been on here

here is my imei no for you if mods allow you can post the unlock code on here or you my pm it ti meif it works i will post a yes or no that you can unlock it for me

Phone: Nokia n70
Prov: 3
IMEI: 123456789012345

ta
jim

EdgeCrusher
11-05-2006, 09:42 PM
Just a note... people, be careful and in case that Mr./Ms. Nadya posts the asked codes, don't hardlock your phones... since at least by the moment, hardlocking a BB5 phone (trying more than three times a wrong code) is indeed an eternal lock until a public solution is released.

Best regards
Edge

adampeake
11-05-2006, 09:55 PM
Not sure why we bother with these threads....all that happens is people searching google etc pick up on them and ask for help unlocking their BB5.

As we all (regular site users) know that currently the only way to unlock a BB5 is through the service provider all these threads do (in my humble opinion) is waste space, time and effort for people who actually do need help that we can give.....I am of the opinion that they should be locked until such time a solution is available.....

Am I alone here or what!!

Dylf
11-05-2006, 10:00 PM
Listen all good people. I have never clamed that I have a working calculator. Infact I have clamed that I wish to participate in it because I might have some crusual information, but never more than that.

\dylf

electrophoretic
11-05-2006, 10:22 PM
@Dylf...

then tell us all you know... all your crucial info... so that we may interpret it and use it...

G

Dylf
11-05-2006, 10:32 PM
i know that they used the old algo, with some motifications. They simply extented one of the parameters with 5 or 6 bits to trick the reverse engeneers that will try to make a unlock program inline with the one we use with dct4 and dct3.
that was done so they didn't use a lot of manhours to devolop a compleet new algo, because that would take arfull lot of time.

\dylf