PDA

View Full Version : Protected Access Points

Seddoc36
19-04-2006, 03:59 PM
Afternoon chaps.
Got a N70 Vodafone unlocked with code sent to me by them (working fine on Orange)
But having downloaded my WAP GPRS and MMS settings today from the Orange website, I have found out that the access points on the phone are locked. They have a little lock symbol next to them and whatever I do I cannot get it to change from Voda to Orange access points.

Any thoughts as to how to remove the lock ?
:confused:

Many thanks
Seddoc36

EdgeCrusher
20-04-2006, 01:30 AM
Maybe it is a custom feature that they asked Nokia to include in the firmware. If it is the case, you will need to flash the phone and unbrand it, or flash it with Orange firmware.

Take into account that you shall NOT downgrade your phone, or you will kill it.

Best regards
Edge

subway999
20-04-2006, 03:12 AM
With DCT4 phones you could have multiple GPRS points, however with BB5 handsets you can only have one set of working settings

With an unbranded Nokia n70 I have been unsuccesful, in attempting to even load 3G Packet Radio Settings

It seems to me that 3G is a bit of a con, as even if yo have an unlocked unbranded(network) handset you are unable to alter any of the 3G settings as they are hidden inside the firmware of the handset???

Seddoc36
27-07-2006, 03:12 PM
Thx for your help guys.

Think it's prol a bit more trouble than it's worth flashing it with the orange stuff. Plus I know nothing about it. :lol:

One for other peeps to note maybe when purchasing.

Thanks again guys :)