PDA

View Full Version : What country is my 6680 from?

Hunzol
25-04-2006, 02:25 AM
Is there a way to find out what country my 6680 is from? I got it from a pawn broker, some asian guy(tourist) sold it to him, I tried unlocking via Vodaphone AU website but it said Invalid IMEI so it must be a o/s phone.

EdgeCrusher
25-04-2006, 04:40 AM
If you can't find some info from the customized menus, the start up screen, some logo on the outside of the phone, etc, it's kind difficult to find out the original provider. Maybe a last generation box can read the of the network that the phone is attached to, but I'm not sure if boxes have this features with BB5 phones.

Best regards
Edge

Hunzol
25-04-2006, 10:23 AM
If you can't find some info from the customized menus, the start up screen, some logo on the outside of the phone, etc, it's kind difficult to find out the original provider. Maybe a last generation box can read the of the network that the phone is attached to, but I'm not sure if boxes have this features with BB5 phones.

Best regards
Edge

I think it might be IE which is Ireland, I found that in the access point details, I didn't find any unlocking solution on their site, atleast in the AU sit you can unlock the phone. Im screwed. :-(

Hunzol
12-05-2006, 05:20 AM
Come on, someone must know how to find out where my 6680 is from, I might be able to unlock it from relevant provider.

electrophoretic
12-05-2006, 05:47 AM
post your product code young man... i will try to tell you where its from!!

G

Hunzol
12-05-2006, 06:53 AM
post your product code young man... i will try to tell you where its from!!

G

29 is not really young hehe, how do I aquire the product code? :o

electrophoretic
12-05-2006, 08:09 AM
under your battery, there is an IMEI number (DONT post this) and a product code... usually goes 05xxxxx (7 digits)

cheers

G

Hunzol
13-05-2006, 02:15 PM
Product Code: 0525082

Hunzol
15-05-2006, 03:29 AM
Well I just rang Nokia and they said you can't find out the country from the IMEI or product code.

subway999
15-05-2006, 10:28 PM
Do you really trust what Nokia says???

They said to me that it would take 3 weeks to mend a phone

After a month im still waiting!

In the US they have poncy corporate stores that demonstrate what their phones can do

However they dont have a repair facility or Nokia Service Centre in sight

What does that say??

They want to sell you a phone and thats it!

Hunzol
16-05-2006, 02:13 AM
Do you really trust what Nokia says???

They said to me that it would take 3 weeks to mend a phone

After a month im still waiting!

In the US they have poncy corporate stores that demonstrate what their phones can do

However they dont have a repair facility or Nokia Service Centre in sight

What does that say??

They want to sell you a phone and thats it!

yeah I know, I can't be arsed anymore, I'm going to throw this phone out, it's useless, by the time a code comes out the phone will be old and out of date.

subway999
16-05-2006, 05:23 AM
yeah I know, I can't be arsed anymore, I'm going to throw this phone out, it's useless, by the time a code comes out the phone will be old and out of date.
And thats exactly what Nokia would want you to do

So they can sell you another phone

However if you wait for electrophoretic to get back to you with an answer then at least you will know where the phone is from

ps Its a Global phone so when you get the firmware flashed how does a service centre know which network its from??

I would say its a code label on the phone???

Hunzol
16-05-2006, 06:18 AM
And thats exactly what Nokia would want you to do

So they can sell you another phone

However if you wait for electrophoretic to get back to you with an answer then at least you will know where the phone is from

ps Its a Global phone so when you get the firmware flashed how does a service centre know which network its from??

I would say its a code label on the phone???

Hehe true, I mean the phone was free, and the N73 looks good, tho I like this phone, anything would be better then my shitty I-mate Jam. I rang Ireland and asked if this phone was from there he said no, in the MMS settings it has vodafone.ie so I thought it was from there, I think Vodafone Australia is the only one in the world who offer free unlocking, so it will be interesting to find out where it's from and how much they would charge to unlock it.

electrophoretic
17-05-2006, 01:16 PM
Hi guys... am on Holiday the now so i will let you know when i get back!!

sorry for the delay!

G

Hunzol
17-05-2006, 11:29 PM
Hi guys... am on Holiday the now so i will let you know when i get back!!

sorry for the delay!

G

Would of been easier for you to say you can't find out.

electrophoretic
18-05-2006, 10:17 AM
Mr Hunzol...

I CAN find out...

pm me your IMEI and you shall have the info you need...

:mad:

G

Hunzol
22-05-2006, 12:47 PM
FFS! man, *****, I rang Vodafone IE, it seems they wouldn't give a shiyt about anyone outside their puny country, it seemed like they were trying to brush me off, they kept asking for a mob number but I don't have one, so they reckon that they will send me the code via email in 5 working days, yeah right!

electrophoretic
22-05-2006, 04:20 PM
yeah... Vodafone do that, they ask you for a phone number or an account number!! they are really quite hard to deal with i have found...

G

Hunzol
22-05-2006, 09:56 PM
yeah... Vodafone do that, they ask you for a phone number or an account number!! they are really quite hard to deal with i have found...

G

So then really, I am screwed, I have a useless phone, I doubt that I will wait till someone releases a magical code, by the time that happens this phone will be extinct.

vk3xem
29-05-2006, 07:23 AM
So then really, I am screwed, I have a useless phone, I doubt that I will wait till someone releases a magical code, by the time that happens this phone will be extinct.

Well that's what happens when you buy a phone from a sleazy pawn broker, he obviously saw you coming!

Hunzol
30-05-2006, 11:00 AM
Well that's what happens when you buy a phone from a sleazy pawn broker, he obviously saw you coming!

Well it was actually given to me buy a pawn broker who is my friend, but yeah thanks for your constructive criticism.