PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 6680 lock code problem - don't know it!

DaveLister
03-05-2006, 11:35 AM
I have just bought a Nokia 6680 which had a keypad fault, which I've fixed by fitting a new keypad membrane, but have another problem.

The phone has a lock code on it! I've emailed the previous owner, who doesn't know what the code is. He said he had pin1 and pin2 codes, both of which I've tried, along with 12345, 1234, 0000, and 00000 with no joy. I've tried http://nfader.z-host.ru/ and the code calculator there with no luck. I tried waiting 10 minutes after it said 'incorrect code entered 5 times, will unlock in 5 minutes'. I used the full imei on the sticker on the back, without the slashes etc in. I can't check if that imei's correct by pressing *#06# as it won't accept it in the lock code screen. It still asks for a lock code without a sim in also.

How can I get rid of the lock code? I've tried installing the PC suite, but it won't recognise the phone when plugged into the usb cable. It probably needs to be fully powered up, which I can't do without the lock code!

Any suggestions?

electrophoretic
03-05-2006, 11:48 AM
take it to a repair shop that uses UFS or JAF and have them remove the lock... there is currently no Mastercode calc for bb5...

G

DaveLister
03-05-2006, 11:52 AM
Damn! :( Will try to find one near me. Any idea of cost, will it be just something like £10? Shame these can't be unlocked yet either!