PDA

View Full Version : Whats this

chiappa
08-05-2006, 04:39 PM
CURRENTLY, BB5 PHONES, THIS INCLUDES N SERIES (N70, N90, N91), 6630, 6680 AND OTHERS, CANNOT BE UNLOCKED BY ANY WAY EXCEPT REQUESTING THE CODE TO YOUR PROVIDER.

Hmm. Whats this then? http://www.discount-unlock.com

magicmushrooms1
08-05-2006, 04:41 PM
believe it when i see it!

Dylf
09-05-2006, 07:32 AM
seames like that it is ones more a company that hasn't thougt about what they are doing, when they insert new products in their list. I don't beleave them...

\dylf

chiappa
09-05-2006, 12:51 PM
I sent them a mail and this is what they replied.

I'm sorry but we only can unlock Nokia 6680 from SFR France Network

Best Regards,
Romain Brabant
www.gsmfactory.com

So, maybe not entirely impossible ;)

I wonder, how long have BB5 phones been around? (Or how optimistic possiblity it is to ever find a way to unlocking them) But anyway I think I give up on this, buy some crappy phone&be happy.. ,)

EdgeCrusher
09-05-2006, 11:20 PM
So, maybe not entirely impossible ;)

Probably they can only unlock BB5 phones from that network because they act as an intermediate agent between the user and the network. It's the same as if you call your provider and buy from them the unlock code. In the same post you quoted on your first post, it is stated that it is impossible -unless- you buy the code from your provider ;)

And BB5 phones have been out for awhile, but I doubt there will be a calculator, as the security as been incresed signifantly. Probably the only way will be through hardware (which is impossible also now, but there are some advances towards this).

Best regards
Edge