PDA

View Full Version : failed: flash at home of nokia n70

revil
14-05-2006, 01:04 AM
hi dear friend
yesterday evening i am try to flash my nokia n70 with phoenix and the cable CA-53 in dotation....
my n70 is deaded at 5 % of flashing....
phoenix gived me this message:

Flashing failed.

Error occured during the flashing procedure.

HRESULT 0x84009427 (-2080336857)

Unable to get error message

what do i do now?? there is a way to revive n70 with phoenix or another program???

PLEASE HELP ME!!!! i am deprived of hope.... HELP ME!!!

there are a way to revive my n70 at home??? a reverse flash???

bye friends and thank you....

ray4u
26-05-2006, 07:19 PM
please help me too. i tried to flash my n70 via usb at home and now its dead. please... will nokia flash it for me ? or is my phone dead forever ? it doesnt start at all. :(

ray4u
26-05-2006, 07:26 PM
okay....i tried to upgrade my nokia n70 with v5.02 firmware (apac) to v5.02 firmware (euro).

everything went as planned ..but then when flashing was about to start ...the pc started installing some "bb5" drivers during the flashing...and my phone went dead. ..okay now i have a few doubts to clarify

1. when i tried flashing the dead phone again ...it erased all eeprom contents i guess..coz it started some erasing procedure. Is my IMEI data wiped out too ?

2. Is there any possibility that my phone is gone forever? I know that it can be reflashed...but this is the first time such a thing has happened to me and i'm really scared ..coz the phone is hardly a month old. So ....can nokia centre reflash a dead phone and make it work again ?

3.please give me a good excuse to tell the nokia centre guys. Coz my phone is still under warranty and telling them i tried to flash it will ruin the warrany. can i say it fell down and the eeprom contents must have got accedentally erased. is there any way of them finding out that i tried to flash it ? some counters or anything.

Pls help guys...i'm really worried and confused.Thanks.

oh..and by the way ..i was using the cracked phoenix version...without a dongle..just usb only.My phone is under warranty ..will nokia fix it for me or will they just tell me that the flash i.c is gone and i'll have to buy a new phone.

adampeake
26-05-2006, 08:03 PM
If the N70 is under warranty, has no signs of liquid or physical damage Nokia will repair it or replace it FOC. If in the uk try here www.nokiatech.co.uk

Adam

ray4u
26-05-2006, 08:20 PM
but i live in india. do the same rules apply here too ? what should i tell the guys at the nokia centre ?is there any way they'll come to know that i had tried to flash it ? and is it really possible that the eeprom can get erased by dropping the phone ..or just like that (thats gonna be my excuse)

Dert
12-06-2006, 10:05 PM
Had this problem a few years back with a nokia 3330 (was a newish phone with warrantee). Flash failed badly and I couldn't get it to do anything....Took it to a service centre and actually told them it was a failed flash...chap just said "I'll put it down as locking up constantly, come back later" went back later and they had sorted it :) ....prolly just lucky.

I'd try doing the "battery went flat, put it on charge overnight and couldn't get it to turn on the next morning"......If they won't do it ask how much they would charge "for cash"...afterall, most people in service centres aren't paid that well and a easy job for extra cash in hand would be hard for them to turn around......as long as its not the owner :P