PDA

View Full Version : those with unlocked bb5 phones

m_laver
17-05-2006, 11:57 PM
After you put in the last "+" do you follow that with a 1,7 or a 5. The reason I ask is cause cingular apparently does not know anything about the BB5 phones, and they will not give me a straight answer as to whether they will exchange my cingular locked phone. They don't even know what happens when you enter the code wrong 5 time. I live in the country of sheep!!!

subway999
18-05-2006, 01:58 PM
After you put in the last "+" do you follow that with a 1,7 or a 5. The reason I ask is cause cingular apparently does not know anything about the BB5 phones, and they will not give me a straight answer as to whether they will exchange my cingular locked phone. They don't even know what happens when you enter the code wrong 5 time. I live in the country of sheep!!!

Cingular usually use code 1, occasionally its been reported that you need code +2 instead

If Cingular supply incorrect codes to unlock your phone then DEMAND a new phone were talking NEW not recon, refreshed etc

BB5 phones allow you to make three incorrect attempts then the phone is hardlocked

I calculated the serial from the code that you posted on another thread and it came back as 33069 so I'm wondering whether they have just given you codes for a DCT4 device

As a footnote, you may remember a post where Cingular sold me a recon 3220b and a PAYG sim for $30 P/P included, problem is though that they provided me with a SIM with a different MCC+MNC, so the phone didnt work as it was restricted I managed to unlock it and I contacted Cingular and they did not know or care what I was talking about!

PS I dont think Cingular will be around for much longer as I have heard they will be rebranded to AT&T again!

jerkel32
01-10-2006, 10:07 PM
i have a nokia 6680 on vodafone ireland, and when they gave me the unlock code, it ended in +1, if tha is any help.