PDA

View Full Version : Question on nokia n70

bratski
19-05-2006, 03:29 PM
I recently purchased an n70 that is blocked by a network, When a phone is blocked is it the same as locked??So if ever a software for unlocking the n70 comes out can it be unblocked too?

EdgeCrusher
20-05-2006, 05:55 AM
Nope... a blocked handset is one which has been reported as lost/stolen. Networks blakclists phones by their imei (which is reported to the network when the phone turns on and checked against a blacklisted imeis database)... and changing the IMEI of the phone, besides beeing a very hard task (which an average user can not do because it requires specialized and very expensive hardware) is illegal in most countries.

This has nothing to do with a locked handset, which only limitation is its inability to work with more than one specific provider.

Unfortunately, unlocking a phone (any phone, BB5, DCT4, DCT3) will not allow it to work with other networks if it has been blocked/barred/reported as lost or stolen.

The best solution is sell the phone overseas...

Best regards
Edge

bratski
20-05-2006, 04:43 PM
thanks, I guess my only solution would be to sell it overseas. If ever you happen to come across of any gadget that could change the imei pls let me know.thanks again