PDA

View Full Version : d500 camera or software problem?

olly32
21-05-2006, 07:51 PM
My phone has started to play up when i try to take a photo.Im getting capture error when i take the picture but the view is fine through the screen,until i take the photo,and either capture error,or i get multi colour lines though the photo,and cannot make out what the photo is at all.

When i use the camcorder on it,i get similar colour lines but not as much and the movement of picture is slow to follow.Do you think its a software error,if so how do i try to fix it, or just the camera knackered?? cheers olly. ;)

electrophoretic
21-05-2006, 11:48 PM
i dont think its a camera fault as the picture through the viewfinder is OK before you try to capture the image...

yeah i would try to update the software before going any further, taking your phone to a shop i think is the easiest course of action, unless you have a UFS+HWK lying around!?

G

olly32
23-05-2006, 07:47 PM
Thanks,will take a look into what you mentioned! :P

chopps69
02-06-2006, 12:47 PM
I had the same problem. My husband fixed it today by banging the phone a few times. My phone had been dropped the day the lines appeared and i got the capture error message. Just bang the phone against something a few times then check it. Thats if you wnat to.

DaveLister
03-06-2006, 11:14 AM
A workmate's phone was doing exactly this, and banging it did indeed fix the problem for a few days, then the screen eventually went 'fuzzy', the screen looked just like an untuned TV's 'snow'. He gave it to me to look at, I took it apart, removed then reinserted the data ribbon that goes between the pcb and screen parts of the phone after giving the connector a clean, and lo and behold it worked again! No lines on the camera viewfinder or screen display.

I'd suggest the phone has a problem with this ribbon connector, a common problem with samsung sliders!