PDA

View Full Version : Three / Carphonewarehouse Nokia 6680

gurmukh
31-05-2006, 02:09 AM
Hey Guys

Hopefully someone can help me!

I bought a nokia 6680 18 months ago on three from carphonewarehouse. Now my contract has ended, 3 have agreed to provide the unlock code.

So I paid and waited 10 days. They then called me and said they are unable to provide the code since Nokia have only given them codes that official 3 stores distributed. Since my phone was bought from carphonewarehouse, I have to speak to them to get my code.

Ive tried talking to EVERYONE, carphonewarehouse, Nokia and 3. Three only have three store unlocking codes, carphonewarehouse are like NO and nokia say I must speak to 3.

Anyone else in this sticky situation!?

Thanks

loverman7829
02-06-2006, 08:44 AM
Hey Guys

Hopefully someone can help me!

I bought a nokia 6680 18 months ago on three from carphonewarehouse. Now my contract has ended, 3 have agreed to provide the unlock code.

So I paid and waited 10 days. They then called me and said they are unable to provide the code since Nokia have only given them codes that official 3 stores distributed. Since my phone was bought from carphonewarehouse, I have to speak to them to get my code.

Ive tried talking to EVERYONE, carphonewarehouse, Nokia and 3. Three only have three store unlocking codes, carphonewarehouse are like NO and nokia say I must speak to 3.

Anyone else in this sticky situation!?

Thanks

I was told the same . I phoned 3. after about 25 minutes they have told me . becouse ive brought my phone from {the link} i had to go back to them as they told you. and i ve done same as well. no other way avaible. only 3 can unlock. however yesterday i phoned them up they told me it can be unlocked could take up to 10 working days blah blah. charged £15. they in space of 2-3 hours they rang me back gave me a code. and i am a happy chappy now.

so go back and tell them they are the only ones can. Stupid call centers. i gone back to 02 after all the hassle from them for last 12 months. they are like cowboys. one says can rest dosent know. monkey brains or what.

gurmukh
13-06-2006, 12:02 AM
wow!! really?

Mayhbe three have finally 'obtained' the software that they never had!! (WHATEVER)

Will defos give them a try and fingers crossed eh!? Else im just gonna sell it for around£70!!

Thanks

conartist
14-06-2006, 05:03 AM
The only people who can unlock your phone for certain are the network providers, not carphone warehouse the link or fones 4 u or any of those. Nokia do not have the codes as they are network locks. If your SP tells you they cant unlock it, its for one of two reasons. 1: The person @ the call centre is an idiot or 2: your SP doesnt want you changing networks.
I had the same problem with vodafone UK on Monday. whoever I spoke to tried to convince me that they couldnt unlock my phone without the simcard number,however, I managed to speak to an intelligent person @ vodafone yesterday and will have the unlock code in the nxt few days. :grin: :grin: :grin: :razz: