PDA

View Full Version : Not very technical technicians around... (T191 Help Please!?!)

Shidoshi
29-10-2002, 04:47 AM
Hmm...

I beleive it's going to be hard to get some help here, but any sugestion would be appreciated.

I have this half-dead T191, well 2 actually...

First, I do not know how to open the phone :)
I removed the screws... then what? I don't want to ruin the housing of the phone, but I need to open it.

Second, a second T191 I have here doesn't turn on, the user said that it turned off after charge and wouldn't turn back on at all... if I remove the battery and put it back in place, the backlights flash briefly. If I place tha battery slowly, there is a point where the backlights stay on, then I push the battery in completely and the lights stay on, however the phone will still not power on at all.

Any solution to my queries here would be greately appreciated :)

Thanks,
-Dave

P.S. I don't have the proper Motorola T191 tool 'yet', have to order it from TheMobileKing :)

markchee
03-11-2002, 07:59 AM
Hi,Dave

There are total of 6 screws at the back of the 191,2 below the MOTOROLA seal,2 remove the batt you can seee it & the last 2 screws aRE under the batt catch,when the phone without batt,to release the batt is push down,use some force & push the catch upward with your thumb.Theres the 2 screws hiding under.
As for power on the phones you have to reflow the PA or replace it,good luck bro

sincerely
mark

Shidoshi
04-11-2002, 07:05 PM
Hmm...

Well, I've managed to open the mobile, thank you for that info :)

Now... what is the PA?

Thanks,
-Dave